Sign in to follow this  
Lollypop

Homer Simpson in running to be named

Reported at TGL by Chris Howell

From BBC Cult TV:

Homer Simpson is in the running to be named the greatest American.

At the time of writing, Homer has captured a fifth of the votes in a poll conducted by BBC2.

The vote has been carried out for a BBC2 programme called What the World thinks of America to be screened on Tuesday at 9pm.

Homer looks set to beat Abraham Lincoln, who is in second place with 16% of the votes.

Martin Luther King is in third position, ahead of such bizarre choices of BA Baracus from the A-Team. Though it is unlikely that he will come over to collect his prize, 'cos he ain't getting on no plane.

The 90-minute debate will be presented by BBC political editor Andrew Marr and will feature national broadcasters from around the world expressing their view of the US in a live satellite link-up.

I heard that on the news last week.  Obviously Americans are not well thought of in Europe but then I already knew that.

Where is your sense of humour ? If I had a choice to vote for the greatest Brit, and Mr Bean was on the list then I would vote for him. B) You take everything too serious. It's laughter that makes the world go round, not love