Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Should they have more trek on TV?Would you watch?

Should More Trek Be On TV? Would You Watch?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should More Trek Be On TV? Would You Watch?

• Yes And Yes
    • No And No
    • No And Yes
    • Yes And No
    • Other(EXPLAIN)

I would watch Star Trek now if they produced and wrote a project with superb standards of quality.

Anything less than that is completely unacceptable.

I they showed Voyager I'd watch it. Voyager isn't on here anymore. When I finish DS9 I'm going to have to buy the Voyager seasons.

There should also be more Enterprise.

Edited by sea trooper

I already get approximately 40 hours of Trek in a week on tv from Space and Spike combined (TOS, TNG, VOY, ENT). It would be even more but the Spike feed in my area doesn't air DS9. If it did that would add another 8 hours to the total. I'm pretty darn content with what I get although it would be nice to get DS9 as well. How many hours I watch sometimes depends on the episode but sometimes I'll watch it all regardless.

Just for clarification, i ment if they showed a already syndicated series( VOY, DS9, etc.)

331504[/snapback]

Thanks for the clarification.

No and no. I bought all the episodes/movies on DVD so I'd never again be at the mercy of commercials, editing or scheduling of Trek on TV.

Spike now shows 2 hours of DS9 and 3 hours of TNG, I think they added a 3rd hour odf TNG maybe to add Voy down the road

Yes, no. ST is one of the great shows of our time, whether you're talking about TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, or ENT. Good fun, and there's usually a good message with each one, some less obvious than others. I'm not a big fan of sci-fi in general, but with ST it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if you don't understand what the doctor, engineer, and sometimes captain say as far as the technobabble. If you don't know dilithium from tritanium, you can still enjoy Trek. :huh: But I wouldn't watch it... Like someone else said, if you have the episodes, why be at the mercy of ads? I'm watching VOY straight through, and occasionally I'll watch a favorite TNG episode (just watched "The Inner Light" with my girlfriend a couple weeks ago).

Edited by Dark Reality

Yes, no.  ST is one of the great shows of our time, whether you're talking about TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, or ENT.  Good fun, and there's usually a good message with each one, some less obvious than others.  I'm not a big fan of sci-fi in general, but with ST it doesn't matter.  It doesn't matter if you don't understand what the doctor, engineer, and sometimes captain say as far as the technobabble.  If you don't know dilithium from tritanium, you can still enjoy Trek. :huh:  But I wouldn't watch it... Like someone else said, if you have the episodes, why be at the mercy of ads?  I'm watching VOY straight through, and occasionally I'll watch a favorite TNG episode (just watched "The Inner Light" with my girlfriend a couple weeks ago).

331663[/snapback]

I agree with much of what you say. I have all of the TNG season sets and movies and I will be buying Enterprise season sets (already have season 1) but I still can't stop myself from watching episodes on television. They are just too good even if I do have to suffer through commercials and rant at Spike's editing. lol

At this point I feel like I could watch Star Trek all day, so yes and yes. Especially TNG. :thumbs: Although I am quite content with the amount of Star Trek being played on Spike right now... I can't complain about getting three hours worth each day. :eek:

Not really. All I really need to be happy, DS9, is wonderfully an integral part of my DVD collection. For every other show I watch it on television, and Sky provides enough of it and with just few enough ads to keep me happy.