Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Wal-Mart Saying Goodbye to Videocassettes

Oh...I Was Hoping They'd Be Saying GoodBye To Censored Music..Oh Well..

331075[/snapback]

Wal-Mart will never stop carrying censored music. They consider themselves a "family store" so they don't carry it. Being in the electronic department, I have to tell a lot of people that it's edited. I always tell them that it's edited before they buy it, so they won't be disapointed.

331496[/snapback]

Wow. That's really stupid. Why don't they not sell rated R movies while they're at it?

331075[/snapback]

Wal-Mart will never stop carrying censored music. They consider themselves a "family store" so they don't carry it. Being in the electronic department, I have to tell a lot of people that it's edited. I always tell them that it's edited before they buy it, so they won't be disapointed.

331496[/snapback]

Wow. That's really stupid. Why don't they not sell rated R movies while they're at it?

331501[/snapback]

Because it's crazy....They sell both rated R and unrated movies, as well as M rated games, but we check ID for those.

331075[/snapback]

331496[/snapback]

331501[/snapback]

Because it's crazy....They sell both rated R and unrated movies, as well as M rated games, but we check ID for those.

331507[/snapback]

You work at walmart? w00t, get me some inside employee discounts!

I like DVD's better as I am a widescreen letterbox fan and most of the time if you want to buy a movie on VHS you have to pay more to get it in letterbox and sometimes they don't even have it. Even CD music players are changing as you can not find a CD player that only holds one CD at a time.

331075[/snapback]

331496[/snapback]

331501[/snapback]

331507[/snapback]

That's Just Ridiculous To Sell All That, But Leave Out Un-Censored Music :lol: :huh:

Kids these days and their D.V.D.s...

331462[/snapback]

Lol, well :huh: ...the thing is that I really only actually own one of those DVD players (which is barely in working order) and I have a total of maybe three DVD's of my own. Everything else that has to do with DVD's in our house belongs to my parents. :lol:

i'm not surprised my friend who works in electronics at walmart says its been a long time coming. i'm also not surprised because a few months ago one of the local video rental stores was clearing out and selling off all their vhs except for most of the kid movies. i have two dvd players and i have a new vcr i got for christmas in december. i like both still because i still have alot of my star trek movies in vhs format plus i can't afford a dvd recorder yet. eventually dvds will probably be replaced with something else. times are changing wether people like it or not.

tm :lol:

I give it by this time next year, they'll start selling either HD-DVD or Blu-Ray disks. The new PS3 will play Blu-Ray, so that could be the deathblow to HD-DVD.

Kaplah. I went to Best Buy today and bought a new DVD player for $34. It's the same size as my old DVD player and I think this one won't break down because it has a normal in-out disk tray instead of a flip-top cd player-style one.

Click For Spoiler
Also got the First Contact SE

Click For Spoiler
Bad new is, this was the money I was going to use to get my DS9 season 5. I guess for another two weeks I will not find out what happens to the crew of the Deep Space Nine.

I'm not too surprised that Wal-mart's axing its VHS inventory.I was in Kansas City a few weeks ago and shopped at a Sam Goody for movies.The only VHS stocked were in the previously-viewed bargain aisle.Everything else was DVD.

As Fo This Change...Well...Times Chnage...And They Will Again For Whatever The Next Format Is.

331075[/snapback]

They sell censored music? That's moronic.

Oh well. I buy my music at a local independent record store. I don't listen to anything mainstream. I listen to music made for the art of music, not for making money. Walmart only sells the money makers. But anyways it's stupid. It is ruining the artist's vision (assuming it is art. Rap I refuse to consider art. I can rhyme four letter words too! I'm talented now I guess.)

Edited by bysty