Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Reality

Hello all!

I found the link to this forum about a week ago on the Invision Power Services website (the company who makes the forum software this board uses; I'm a customer there as well) and had been meaning to join. For the past several months I've been watching Star Trek Voyager front to back. I work nights, every night. I don't always have time for movies, but Voyager episodes are only about 46 minutes long each, so I can watch 2 in less time than most new movies take. Plus, because of the shorter length, episodes must push more plot per minute than a movie. I always liked Voyager when it was on TV, but I only got to see a few episodes.

I see you have a place for episode reviews. When I feel strongly about an episode, I'll write a review. I could write reviews for a few Next Generation episodes.

My father got me into Star Trek TNG when I was 11 or 12, and I've been into it ever since. The fantasy of living in the future, on a luxury starship, and the family that forms between the primary characters. It's just a really well made show. I didn't like Deeps Space Nine when it came out, and I could never get into the original series (but then, the only "old" show I can stand is Twilight Zone), but I liked Voyager when it came out. I tried to get into Enterprise, but no luck. I also disagree with the even/odd rule with the movies. I like all of the Trek movies except the very first one. As far as captains, my favorite is Janeway.

As I said, I'm an Invision customer as well. I have a forum, but it's quite small, just something I threw up for people I knew on an older, poorly run and maintained forum, something we can all have a little fun. Practically no rules, but I've had to learn as I see (by reading the sticky) the admins here have had to, that personal attacks have no place on a discussion board. :congrats:

I'm also into computers... I don't see a straight up tech discussion subforum here; I guess if someone were to ask for computer help, they'd do it in your "Off Topic Discussions" forum, so I'll check that now and again for anything I can help with.

For the mods/admin(s), nice skin guys. The LCARS interface is pretty well done.

wavey.gifWelcome to STARTREKFANS!

Thanks for the kind words. Yes OT is the place for technical things. Please post a review when you get a chance...

Do some of you associate with a particular race on the series, or was that a post/quiz somewhere? I suppose if I were on Star Trek, I'd probably be a Vulcan. I think they sacrifice too much, but I like their logical approach. (Except when it defies common sense.)

Thanks for the warm welcome. :congrats:

Welcome to StarTrekfans.net!! :newyear:

Hope you enjoy it here.......see you out there :congrats:

Do some of you associate with a particular race on the series, or was that a post/quiz somewhere?  I suppose if I were on Star Trek, I'd probably be a Vulcan.  I think they sacrifice too much, but I like their logical approach.  (Except when it defies common sense.)

330900[/snapback]

Some of us love certain species and like to integrate ourselves in their role. Me, I'm fond of the Bajorans. I think they are a fascinating people. So I conform myself as Bajoran. My welcome goes like:

I, sea trooper, Bajoran bounty hunter of the Empire, welcomes you! seatrooper.jpg

Welcome, Dark Reality, to Startrekfans.net. My name is Cara, and I look forward to seeing you round. By the way, that is a very nice screen-name you have! :lol: :congrats::newyear:

Do some of you associate with a particular race on the series, or was that a post/quiz somewhere?  I suppose if I were on Star Trek, I'd probably be a Vulcan.  I think they sacrifice too much, but I like their logical approach.  (Except when it defies common sense.)

330900[/snapback]

Some of us love certain species and like to integrate ourselves in their role.

330995[/snapback]

True, And I'm very fond of the Borg, as you can see! :newyear: :borgqueen: I really think the Borg are very fascinating, and they are different from all the other races you see in ST. So I conform myself as a Borg. :borgqueen:

:lol:

Greetings from a friendly Borg. :borgqueen: Welcome What_username? .

:huh: