Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Trinneer Was Content With 'These Are the Voyages..

June 13, 2005 - 8:55 PM

"I have to say that I'm happy with how it's all played out," said Connor Trinneer of the final season of Star Trek: Enterprise and his character's development, particularly so far as his character Trip Tucker's relationship with T'Pol. Though he regretted the series' untimely end, he expressed less bitterness than some of his castmates about the final episode and his character's strange fate as well.

"It's not an easy thing to wrap up a TV show; I sure as hell wouldn't want to figure it out," Trinneer told Starburst (via Sci Fi Pulse). Of series finale "These are the Voyages" he said that he knew the producers were trying to wrap up not only Enterprise but Star Trek stretching back to The Next Generation, and he did not envy the task of Rick Berman and Brannon Braga.

Overall Trinneer felt that the fourth season demonstrated the talents of the writing staff, particularly the multi-episode storylines. "Those arcs were good for are show as they allowed us to breathe more life into the plot as apposed to trying to stuff everything into a single hour, or I should say 38 minutes," he noted. "We were able to find certain moments and/or extend moments that we might otherwise not have had the luxury of doing." For him the most difficult aspect of his own character was rationalizing Tucker's decision to leave Enterprise for Columbia, fearing at first that it was out of character for him to abandon his faltering relationship with T'Pol.

"When I first read the script for 'Affliction' I thought, 'You guys [the show's producers] had better get this right'. It was a huge leap for Trip to take," he stated. "However, the decision was made to go that route, so we had to make it work the best we could."

Though he felt that the decision to cancel the series was premature, Trinneer explained that as an actor he felt lucky to have had a steady job for four years and was sorry that the fans' efforts to keep Enterprise on the air had come to naught. "It's been an honour, a privilege and a total joy to have been part of Enterprise, and I look foreword to what other doors will hopefully open for me," he said as he prepared to seek out new challenges.

The full interview is in the current issue, #325, of Starburst Magazine. These excerpts are from Sci Fi Pulse.

Trek Today

There is still opportunity to have additional episodes of Enterprise with the original cast if there were someone willing to produce it. If they pick up the plot from the last regular episode, Trip still has 6 years.

I think the way they did things allows for more to be done with the original crew if possible. But if not possible several plot lines were tied up, questions anwered, so fans would not be left hanging.

I dont want to see anymore episodes after these were he voyages, umm, you know that the crew makes it out ok cause the final episode was 10 year into the future, why do more prequels of a prequel you already sa how the prequel ended

And I would like to see more about the forming of the Federation, and a little more about the initial interactions of the Federation's founding species.

I can live with it if they don't...there is always fan fiction. But I think, as was pointed out by those quoting Manny Coto, there are more stories for this crew that could be done to the satisfaction of fans.