Sign in to follow this  
LemLems

Klingon translation

Hello all

I'm planning my next tattoo and I want to get something translated into either Vulcan or Klingon text (can't decide which would be more appropriate for the text but that's another story - I've put the same post on the Vulcan Embassy).

Is anyone aware of anyone who could accurately translate English to Klingon for a modest fee (or preferably just for the joy of it :yahoo: )

If i get it sorted i'll post a pic of the tatt when it's done

much obliged

And thank you again. Just had a mooch round the Klingon Language Institute. Looks really promising - think i'll join the email discussion group later and see if I can find someone up for the challenge. Apparently they have people on there who conduct their dicussion on the board entirely in Klingon so they must be experts.

Thanks for the suggestion - this looks like a good lead

:huh:

You're welcome. I go there sometimes to learn a few words. So far I can say "Qa'pla jhohwi" which means "Success, my lord."

331613[/snapback]

Can you please try to spell that out how you say it? Like the pronounciation? I'm learning Klingon!

You're welcome. I go there sometimes to learn a few words. So far I can say "Qa'pla jhohwi" which means "Success, my lord."

331613[/snapback]

Can you please try to spell that out how you say it? Like the pronounciation? I'm learning Klingon!

331634[/snapback]

Okay, here you go.

kah plah, jo we (the jo is the longest syllable. say "O" about twice as long as the "e" in we)

I love learning languages, must have a look around the site.

Edited by Matt

331613[/snapback]

331634[/snapback]

Okay, here you go.

kah plah, jo we (the jo is the longest syllable. say "O" about twice as long as the "e" in we)

331770[/snapback]

"Kah...plah...joo....we" I hope I say it right. Does that site tell me how to pronounce? I can write klingon but I want to pronounce it