Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Who is the all-time best James Bond?

Who is the all-time best James Bond?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the all-time best James Bond?

• Sean Connery
    • George Lazenby
    • Roger Moore
    • Timothy Dalton
    • Pierce Brosnan

I have just watched Die Another Day after renting the DVD and must say that my family and I thought it was complete and utter rubbish. It had little or no plot and seem to just string a number of CGI shots and locations together without any story.

I have just watched Die Another Day after renting the DVD and must say that my family and I thought it was complete and utter rubbish. It had little or no plot and seem to just string a number of CGI shots and locations together without any story.

i thought that too at first, but after watching it a few times, i really enjoy it. but i HATE THE CGI SCENES!!!!! UGH! James Bond has always been real up to now. i hope they dont do that again. it looked terrible and its an insult to the series! AND TO ALBERT R. BROCCOLI!

agreed. Dalton was quite good. i did hate Lisense To Kill the first few times i watched it, but i kept watching it for some reason, and now i love it. i geuss it just grows on you.

I'm kind of torn on Licence to Kill, I guess. It is a good movie, and does have one of my favorite Bonds. It's just that I don't like the obvious nod to Lethal Weapon and Die Hard, which had only been out a couple years by that time. It even had the same guy doing the music. :lol:

Some of my favorite Bond sequences are in LtK, like the water skiing scene. I also enjoyed the warmer camraderie between Bond and Q in this movie. It's just that the darker tone didn't work well in a Bond flick.

i thought that too at first, but after watching it a few times, i really enjoy it. but i HATE THE CGI SCENES!!!!! UGH! James Bond has always been real up to now. i hope they dont do that again. it looked terrible and its an insult to the series! AND TO ALBERT R. BROCCOLI!

Yeah, that surfing bit was horrid. Well, and the invisible car, the whole sequence on the plane that takes a ridiculous amount of damage.... It also had those aggravating Matrix-like speed effects. Those got so annoying. They just never worked right in the movie.

It was pretty good until they went to Iceland, I thought. Well, except for some of the M/Bond chat scenes. It's too bad the new M was played so much as progressive in the first couple movies with all that "you're a fossil and a chauvinist" rubbish. The interplay between Bond and M is completely devoid of Connery and Moore with Bernard Lee, or even Robert Brown and Moore and Dalton. The new movies don't have to be filled with corny humor, but they need to lose the self-importance. Bond is inherently silly on some level. It's not that it can't be serious ever, but it's ridiculous to take Bond movies as serious drama, or that there's some important message to gathered from watching the films.

I'll stick with my older, less flashy, politically incorrect Bond. (Not that he is now. They just have to put in some throwaway line every now and then. )