Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

HELLPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEE!

ARGH, I NEED HELP!!!!!!! ok, i wanted to install linux on my computer, with my windows files, but it didnt work, and it partioned off on of my HD and i couldn't un partition it, so i went to Command Prompt (following instructions on MS.com) and i accidentally turned off the drive, i think. I didn't delete it, because i go to Device manager and its still there. So, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!?!?!?

THANKS ALOT FOR THE HELP!!!!!!!!!!! luckily, i'm so smart i figured it out. BTW, KING, if you don't know... don't say anything, so you don't make yourself look dumb!

THANKS ALOT FOR THE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome.

It's nice to be thanked when I offer some words of wisdom.

:assimilated: :lol: :)

BTW, KING, if you don't know... don't say anything, so you don't make yourself look dumb!

Maybe I knew, but just didn't want to tell you?

You never can tell. :)

Edited by The King

Glad you figured it out Lord, but King was just making a joke. Don't let him get to you, I know I just tune him out :assimilated:

You re-formatted it in a way windows can’t understand (and likely lost all files; as they can not be carried over from win to Linux or Linux to win).

You need to find a partition application and make it NTFS or FAT32 to use it again; doing so will however delete any files left.

The Linux installer may have the power to return it, I know debian give me the option to make FAT32 (even thou Linux can’t use it), if it can return it and there are files on it they will likely be saved if you do it by the Linux installer.

i just went to CONTROL PANEL>ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS>COMPUTER MANAGEMENT> DISK MANAGEMENT then used the Unallocated space that was there, that i "set free", so to speak, to recreate the HD. Ty, for the help though.

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

THANKS ALOT FOR THE HELP!!!!!!!!!!! luckily, i'm so smart i figured it out. BTW, KING, if you don't know... don't say anything, so you don't make yourself look dumb!

328776[/snapback]

Well I admitted I didn't know what you'd said, and I certainly don't feel dumb. In fact I know I'm not dumb.........I just don't have an interest in computers like you do Wally.

:wink2:

Hope you figured it out.