Sign in to follow this  
KIMIMELA

I'm in Cornwall! Yippee!

Hi folks how are you I'm in Cornwall at the moment on holiday. Are any of you doing/ have done anything for bank holiday?

My holiday is great here, the first few days were really hot. It took a while to travel down but it was ok. It's a nice place- and one day my brother went fishing on the lakes and my parents and I went *forgets* the beach. We had an ice cream and different things- it was nice. :naughty:

Here, it is a fishing holiday, and because my dad and brother like fishing, me and my mum sat and watched them. They caught some good fish.

Today we went Newquay for shopping (my mum and I). I had a few tops and a DVD, and had a Cornish pasty (mmm). It's really cloudy and drizzly now but I'm in the entertainment part and I don't have much time left here....*puts in another pound).

I'll post some pics up later- one's really funny.

So, any of you guys doing anything? :naughty:

I don't know what "Bank Holiday" is but we just celebrated Memorial Day over here in the states.

its basically what it says- bank holiday. It's when the bank is shut for a day and all the shops are shut. Sometimes we have weeks off over here. Nice to see you're celebrating. :naughty::naughty:

[i thought I couldn't log in at first- I was using a totally different log in from another board! hehe- it worried me]

Bank holiday's in America are typically National Holidays, and all form of government are closed, but not all business'.

We don't get weeks off for them. We just get a nice longer weekend.

As for Cornwall, my Dad's from further up the coast from where you are. Further south. :wink2:

Bank holiday's in America are typically National Holidays, and all form of government are closed, but not all business'.

We don't get weeks off for them.  We just get a nice longer weekend.

As for Cornwall, my Dad's from further up the coast from where you are.  Further south. :wink2:

328269[/snapback]

We travelled all around, from north cornwall to south, Land's End.

PARTY! :assimilated:

328696[/snapback]

LoL, thank you, Alterego! I'm back now folks. It's been a great holiday and a great break the weather was great the first few days but it soon went cloudy and rainy. My dad and brother fished a lot [its a fishing complex] and me and my mum watched or went shopping in Newquay. We've been this place last August too. :lol: I'm not going to go again though. *Hears mum shouting her* I must go now....cya

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

I am against animal cruelty and I hate eating animals, although I am made to eat it. :assimilated: I am against fishing myself, it's so cruel. Someone once told me, "if I stop, how are you going to stop the billion others across the world?" :lol:

I am against animal cruelty and I hate eating animals, although I am made to eat it.  :) I am against fishing myself, it's so cruel. Someone once told me, "if I stop, how are you going to stop the billion others across the world?"  :yahoo:

328977[/snapback]

Take a stand! Thankfully it's not a problem in my house because my mum and brother are also vegetarian.

Grrr that "someone".... even the loss of a few lives through a single person fishing is immensely valid. Go and smack them on the head for me! :laugh: