Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Matrix Reloaded

I watched this last night, was very disappointed.

Click for Spoiler:

They spent WAY too much time on special effects. The effects are cool but not for an hour of the movie.

The fights took WAY too long to resolve, they were almost never ending.

They should have paid more attention to plot and a little less to trying to "wow" the audience.

This could have been so much more of a movie.

i completley agree with you vbg. i hated the first hour, but i did enjoy the second hour. that was a bit better. and yes the fight scenes were wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too long. ive been telling all my friends this, but they seem to think that the longer the better!! ??? :laugh:

i completley agree with you vbg. i hated the first hour, but i did enjoy the second hour. that was a bit better. and yes the fight scenes were wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too long. ive been telling all my friends this, but they seem to think that the longer the better!!  ???  :laugh:

I got very bored with it all. I skipped through a lot of the fights just to get them over with.

Matrix #1 was 100% better.

As I watched it I thought to myself that this movie could cause some concerns among some churches. Neo is set up as the "messiah" and is even asked to "look over" or "bless" (I forget which) some children.

It was said elsewhere on the board that Bruce Almighty was an afront to God, I actually think The Matrix Reloaded could more closely fit that description.

Check this out: Egypt bans Matrix Reloaded

As I watched it I thought to myself that this movie could cause some concerns among some churches. Neo is set up as the "messiah" and is even asked to "look over" or "bless" (I forget which) some children.

It was said elsewhere on the board that Bruce Almighty was an afront to God, I actually think The Matrix Reloaded could more closely fit that description.

But it's only entertainment, no one takes it serious.

If someone made a movie that reiculed the USA and made Bush look like an idiot, would you still say it's only entertainment and not ment to be taken serriously?

"The Matrix: Reloaded" didn't bother me, becuase it was sci-fi, where as "Bruce Almighty" was a direct insult to God, in my opinion.

i thought matrix reloaded kept with the first movie a bit by keeping it kind of linked with the catholic religion. i saw some things that really supported. catholicism.

such as:

when nobody believes in morpheus's beliefs, morpheus says:

"you do not have to believe. my beliefs do not require that."

kinda like in catholicism how we are called to respect other's beliefs even if thye are not the same as ours.

If someone made a movie that reiculed the USA and made Bush look like an idiot, would you still say it's only entertainment and not ment to be taken serriously?

"The Matrix: Reloaded" didn't bother me, becuase it was sci-fi, where as "Bruce Almighty" was a direct insult to God, in my opinion.

I'm not in the US

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest, because I have a sense of humour, and I love people taking the micky out of politicians.

Check this out

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/mu...endlesslove.mpg

I'm not in the US

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest, because I have a sense of humour, and I love people taking the micky out of politicians.

Check this out

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/mu...endlesslove.mpg

i completley agree. i like satirical humour.

here in Canada there is a show called "The Royal Canadian Air Farce" which satirizes politics and current events. its good humour.

why is it an insult to god? If matrix is OK cose it's a sci-fi then why is Bruce Almighty not cose it's a comady? You can't take things to sereosly, the church dosen't (Have you seen what they make there Bishops where?) BTW that was a joke before some one trys to Crusifie me. What I'm trying to say is who are you or I to say what is an insult to some one who may, or may not be real. & before some one has a go for saying that he may not be real that is my right to think that, as it is your right to think other wise and the makers of Bruce almighty to think "Hay wouldent it be funny if?" If there is a God (& I don't dicount the posibility)and he is as great as every one says then he's got to have a sence of humor and the ability to laugh at himself.

You can't take things to sereosly, the church dosen't (Have you seen what they make there Bishops where?) BTW that was a joke before some one trys to Crusifie me.

:devil: I WILL DESTROY YOU!

whoa. just kidding. im catholic and i couldnt care less. i laughed out loud at your joke abakai. i go to a catholic school and even the religion teachers poke jokes at it. it doesnt say anywhere that you are not allowed to satirize your religion. its all in good fun. :o :laugh:

Did you see Bruce Almighty?

I agree completely, I didn't see it personally as an "afront to God" but I can see ow someone might be able to read that into it. Of the 2 movies mentioned though, the one that would be the biggest "offender" would be The Matrix Reloaded.

I'm curious Captain Jean-Luc Picard, in The Matrix Reloaded there was a pretty intense sex scene but nothing nearly as explicit in (not even close) in Bruce Almighty. The Matrix Reloaded is a movie (because of the sexual situations) I wouldn't want to watch with my mother. I will watch Bruce Almighty with her though, why is The Matrix Reloaded ok and Bruce Almighty not ok? (Keep in mind, Bruce Almighty doesn't make fun of God or call into question His existance. In fact it makes people think more closely about God and His existince.)

I loved it. All movies these days are ridiculous and predicatable..although Matrix shares its " I knew that was going to happen" moments, its one of the best movies I've seen since Red Dragon....plus with flics like Hollywood Homocide and Dumb and Dumberer and The Hulk...Matrix was definitly a pleasure to watch when the highest drawing attraction is a lost fish. (IMO) no offence meant O' fearless leader.

I loved it. All movies these days are ridiculous and predicatable..although Matrix shares its " I knew that was going to happen" moments, its one of the best movies I've seen since Red Dragon....plus with flics like Hollywood Homocide and Dumb and Dumberer and The Hulk...Matrix was definitly a pleasure to watch when the highest drawing attraction is a lost fish. (IMO) no offence meant O' fearless leader.

LOL I'm not offended. I just got bored with all the effects and long fights. I skipped through a lot of the movie.

I would really have liked more story and more substance to the movie then what we got.

I just got bored with all the effects and long fights. I skipped through a lot of the movie.

I would really have liked more story and more substance to the movie then what we got.

Definately. Hopefully the 3rd one won't be suckville like this one...and Neo won't have to fight for 6 hours in a row and get NOTHING accomplished :laugh:

I have not seen the matrix yet I guess I am wating for dvd but I thought that bruce almighty was of cource a comedy but when I left the theater I was thinking and a movie has not done that for me in a long time.

the worst part was when:

Click for Spoiler:

neo fought that asian guy who took him to go see the oracle. it was really really long and nobody even got a hit in. it was boring.

also the huge smith fight felt like 20 minutes! ugh

LOL I'm not offended. I just got bored with all the effects and long fights. I skipped through a lot of the movie.

I agree with both of you. I really did like the movie, although I liked the movie, the fight scenes had WAY too much of the slo-mo Matrix thing...

Ok this posting was actually for another Matrix thread but I was unable to post there for some reason, so this will have to do. This might seem a little off topic. It was in reply to the idea that Neo may not be the one, but that he child may be. If you've seen the second movie, click the spoiler button!

Click for Spoiler:

Well I believe that Neo is the one. Sure he is just one of many one's in the matrix itself, but near the end he finds he has powers in the "real world" which I surmise is a matrix itself. I think the matrix from the first movie is really a matrix within a matrix, so that if anyone escapes from one, they will assume they are in the real world, but what they don't realize is that there is still a matrix covering up the true reality. If this wasn't the case how on earth would Agent Smith have been able to move from the matrix to the supposed "real world"? A character from a video game can't just out of a computer and enter the real world, but theoretically, if that character were "free" from it's programming like Agent Smith is, it could jump into other computer systems, or to computer systems outlying the computer system (in other words, Smith was in a system of a system, but now that his code is free, he moved to the system that is external to the system he came from which was the matrix. When the next movie comes out, you will see that I am right! Do I sound cocky?