Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Flano

Whats the craic?

Just came across this website and it looked to be fairly buzzin.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello.

BTW any Irish fans of star trek on here? :rockon:

Welcome to Startrekfans.net!! :P

Hope you enjoy it here.....see you out there B)

Alterego: "Craic" is an Irish term. It means fun, athmosphere etc. Asking "what's the craic" is just saying "what's going on?", "what's happening?", "how are you?", etc. etc.

Sorry about using that term "craic". I didnt even think about it, just an every day word I use :assimilated:

:assimilated: It's no problem Flano. :) I copied it into Word to check the spelling and for synonyms if any existed but came up empty so I had to ask is all. :lol: Welcome again!

Alterego: "Craic" is an Irish term. It means fun, athmosphere etc. Asking "what's the craic" is just saying "what's going on?", "what's happening?", "how are you?", etc. etc.

328642[/snapback]

I just saw that word in a phrase on a t-shirt my classmate was wearing today :assimilated: I had kind of figured out what it meant.. but was not completely sure I was correct. It looks like I guessed right (I do not speak much when it comes to Irish, only a couple words because they are terms used in dance. Plus I am part Irish, mainly on my mother's side...amongst all my other ancestries).