Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

What happens to the Voyager crew?

This is a thread for those who don't plan on reading the "relaunch" books, but would like to know what happens to the ship and crew, as well as if the Borg are defeated, and so on.

Well, we know for sure that Janeway's not punished for breaking the prime directive when she had to, as she was promoted to Admiral within two years of getting home. She's promoted to captain, spends seven years getting her crew home, then gets promoted to Admiral! That's gotta be a record! :wow:

Anywho, I'd like to hear your thoughts on what you imagine happens to Seven and the Borg. After the Borg rebellion in "Unimatrix Zero" and future-Janeway destroying Unimatrix 01 in "Endgame", I think the Borg are done for, however, I'd like to see them show up one last time in a future movie or mini-series, kind'a like a final battle between the Federation and the Collective! :laugh: We could have Janeway leading the fight, and of coarse, Patrick Stewart would have to come back one last time for an extended cameo! He said he's done with Trek, but wouldn't do a cameo? :o

Anywho, what are your thoughts?

I don't believe the borg is gone for good.

Seriously hurt, but not gone...

This would be too good (bad) to be true.

They are too good though Vilains to be over with.

But about how we could see them again... That's harder to say...

Maybe in a future movie or 3 episode special tv episode..

Who knows!

:laugh: Nope,the Borg are not done for. I believe they will be in the next movie, as will Seven of Nine, and some of the Voyager crew. :borg:

Hmm, interesting. As far as the Borg being "done for", I think it depends on how much damage Janeway dealt them. Based on all told (and shown) about the size of the Collective, I see the damage done in Endgame as equal to the inconvenience a fender bender would cause to a single intersection in N.Y.C. so my guess is they'll be back. Of Stewart, I think a dollar amount exists which could cause him to recant his recent statement and to be honest, it is for that reason I find myself not caring if he does or not. Kate seems to still want to be in it for "Trek's" sake so I support anything, which has to do with her return. (Wouldn't it be funny if her position at S.F. would be one that has something to do with "Timeline Preservation"? :lol:)

now there's an idea, eh? Admiral Janeway, special consulate for Temporal Directives ... hmmm ... I wonder, with all the individualities surfacing in so many of the Federation's dealings with the Borg, could we possibly have a re-evaluated Collective in our future? Last, but not least ....

Voyager Movie, YESSSSSS!!!!! B)

Here's a thought: With Janeway's promotion to Admiral and assignment at Starfleet Command, if Chakotay remained in Starfleet and Voyager remains in service, do you think he'd be promoted to Captain of Voyager?

I don't see why not. I'm sure there would be some red tape, considering his affiliation with the Maquis, but he has become a superb officer.

I don't think Chakotay could be the next Captain of the Voyager... He was too much involved in Maquis things.... He only got First Officer because the "original" First Officer died as Voyager was transported into the Delta Quadrant. So I think next one in command would be Tuvok. So HE would be the next Captain.

Mrs. Captain Picard

Here's a thought: With Janeway's promotion to Admiral and assignment at Starfleet Command, if Chakotay remained in Starfleet and Voyager remains in service, do you think he'd be promoted to Captain of Voyager?

Read Homecoming and The Farther Shore. They cover that in the last chapter :)

Not gonna be reading the books, so drop me a spoiler, A OK? :)

Okay...

Click for Spoiler:

In the last few pages, Chakotay decides to stay in Star Feet and Janeway kind of smiles and says, "In that case, I've been authorized to offer you a command."

"What ship?"

She then pauses and waits as long as is kind before saying "Voyager"

And then they end the book. :)

I believe that the Borg will advance and evolve into something newer and evil. I personally think that they will team up with an alliance of another species say 8472 and take down the federation. Janeway being the admiral can think of wheter she wants to take on this pursuit or not and Seven can also be involved saying that she wants to do whatever within her power to stop this new threat. Chakotay could try to stop her, but his efforts will be futle, lol. Harry Kim can be promoted and Tom Paris could finally settle down with Torres, leaving room for a new pilot and engineer. If this was a new movie then it can be called

Star Trek: Revisited or Star Trek: Assimilated

reuniting the cast of VOY or making an entirely new series. Note: we can still have the doc and Tuvock. Although I really dont see Tuvock doing another series, he said in an chat that he would love to do a movie. Also Chakotay can stay at home ((with his bundle of joy)) as well so we can have a new first officer that eventually fallls in love with Janeway.

:) Bel Ami :bow:

I love your idea as I have a similar one. However, Janeway wouldn't comtemplate stopping them. None of the crew would as it would be extremely out of character. Besides, if you're in Starfleet and a major threat shows up, why on Earth would you not try to stop it?

Anywho, if you're talking about an 8th season, I'm all for it! However, you can't take out Tom, B'Elanna, Seven, and Chakotay. If you wanted to pop out a character or two, that's cool, but you're knocking out half the cast! :)

If you're talking about a new TV series, it won't happen becuase we have ENT and becuase the VOY story has been done. A spin-off only works if you take a character or 2 and put them in a new show or take the premise and use a whole new cast. However, if you take half the cast and "continue their adventures", then it'd just be the same show with a new title and would probably flop and get cancelled. Just my opinion though. The only way this would work would be if VOY was cancelled prematurely without a conclussion.

As for a movie, yes, your idea would work best as a movie! However, I'd expect the full cast to return. If not, then I'd expect it to be a mixed cast. Perhaps Nog can come in as the helmsman, Chief O'Brien as the chief engineer, make Tuvok the first officer and... well... you gotta have Seven! (without the catsuit :bow: ) I read that if their's a "mixed cast movie", Seven will deffinately be in it.

Well, it could start as VOY continuining into a new series, with new people, we can have Janeway, Seven, Harry Kim, Tuvock for some seasons, but then it would diverge into a whole new cast. Janeway can do something dramatic with the Borg and then feel that she needs to take a break and get a 'desk job', while some of the mian characters remain on VOY and be guest stars.

:) Bel Ami :bow:

Uh,Yeah,I think Seven Of Nine left Chakotay and is even now trying to find a way into Earth's past to the year 2003 in order to find her one true love....roguedawg! :laugh: