Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

#15 The Eye Of The Beholder

What rating would you give "The Eye Of The Beholder"?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Eye Of The Beholder"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

#15 The Eye Of The Beholder

Written by: David P. Harmon

Directed by: Hal Sutherland

Airdate: Jan. 5, 1974

Stardate: 5501.2

Review Pending...

Voice Credits:

Regular Characters:

Captain Kirk William Shatner

Mr. Spock Leonard Nimoy

Dr. McCoy DeForest Kelley

Scotty James Doohan

Lieutenent Sulu George Takei

Lieutenent Arex James Doohan

Lieutenent M'Ress Majel Barrett

Guest Characters:

Lt Cdr Tom Markel James Doohan

Randi Bryce Majel Barrett

Kirk, Spock and McCoy become prisoners in a zoo

This is a very well written and even cute episode of the animated series. I say that it is cute just because of what the slug-like aliens look like, they aren't scary at all, but they aren't trying to be. It is a good story when you get humans captured and having to be looked at like zoo animals by other aliens. They turn out to be very intellegent and also very friendly. Overall, this is another really great episode I enjoyed and didn't get bored at all. A good mix of really good writing and acting. This is a recommended episode.

This one gets a 4. Reminded me a bit of The Menagerie, only with no real purpose other than amusement and possible study, not even interest in perpetuating the species.

Good interaction, plot, escape plan, though, I'd have thought that they'd have figured out that the communicator was a deception, and it does contradict Spock's original conclusion that they had already figured out what all the technology was and what it was for. I liked the bit with Scotty and Junior. That was funny, and interesting how it took the simplicity of a child to effectively communicate with a more simplistic species. At least the reason for release was logical: as creatures capable of increased mental evolution, to cage them up and interfere with that evolution would be wrong.

I disagree with Gamera's statement about the Lactrans, though. Most definitely not cute. I'd be terrified upon getting captured by one. A giant slug creature? I'll pass, thank you.

Thought provoking episode, although similar elements are found in 'The Cage'.

2549026406_7ce33fd623_m.jpg

Interesting twist when they transport the young slug up to the Enterprise and it takes over the ship.

Sign in to follow this