Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

#8 The Magicks Of Megas-Tu

What rating would you give "The Magicks Of Megas-Tu"?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Magicks Of Megas-Tu"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

#8 The Magicks Of Megas-Tu

Episode 8

Written by: Larry Brody

Directed by: Hal Sutherland

Airdate: Oct. 27, 1973

Stardate: 1254.4

Voice Credits:

Regular Characters:

Captain Kirk William Shatner

Mr. Spock Leonard Nimoy

Dr. McCoy DeForest Kelley

Scotty James Doohan

Lieutenant Sulu George Takei

Lieutenant Uhura Nichelle Nichols

Guest Characters:

Lucien James Doohan

Asmodeus Ed Bishop

Megan voice George Takei

While investigating the big bang theory, the Enterprise arrives at a planet with people who Earth's history knows very well.

I really did love this episode. This is a very interesting, and very controversial, episode for sure. The crew goes to a planet and are greeted by Lucien. Yes, you guessed, on Earth he is known as Lucifer. In this story, it is told that Lucifer and the witches burned during the Salem Witch Trials were actually from another planet who visited Earth. They also say that the pentagram is a symbol from their planet that, when step on, can cause magic to happen. As I said, a very interesting and a very controversial episode. I really loved it. The crew of the Enterprise are put on trial at the end of the episode and it is very similar to what Q did on the first episode of TNG.

Edited by Gamera

I give it a 4. "Sympathy For The Devil" anyone? Yeah, I figured out Lucien's identity right away. I think for the most part, he was well-characterized. I didn't see the final test coming, but afterwards I just shook my head, and said, "Yep, should have seen that one coming." Aside from that, I liked the topsy-turvyness of physical laws in this one. That made it really interesting.

Were the horns on Lucien enough of a giveaway? He's the Devil folks! :sniffle:

Pretty much a good TOS story like meeting Lincoln in space, a shootout at the O.K. coral, going to another planet loaded with Nazis, or Romans or 20s mob guys.

A 5 from me.

2549026406_7ce33fd623_m.jpg

Sign in to follow this