Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Journey's End

What rating would you give Journey's End?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give Journey's End?

• 5. It?s great, I loved it!
    • 4. It?s good.
    • 3. It?s average.
    • 2. It?s not that good.
    • 1. I hated it.

Series: Star Trek: The Next Generation

Season: 7

Episode #: 20

Production #: 272

Episode Name: Journey's End

Original Air Date: 03.28.94

Review not yet available.

Cast:

Patrick Stewart as Jean-Luc Picard

Jonathan Frakes as William Thomas Riker

Brent Spiner as Data

LeVar Burton as Geordi La Forge

Michael Dorn as Worf

Gates McFadden as Beverly Crusher

Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi

Guest Cast:

Tom Jackson as Lakanta

Ned Romero as Anthwara

George Aguilar as Wakasa

Richard Poe as Gul Evek

Natalija Nogulich as Admiral Nechayev

Wil Wheaton as Wesley Crusher

Doug Wert as Jack Crusher

Eric Menyuk as Traveler

Director: Corey Allen

Written By: Ronald D. Moore

First things first, the "treaty" that the Federation signed with the Cardassians was completely ludicrous. The creation of the Demilitarized Zone I can understand, but how exactly would Federation planets end up in Cardassian space and vice-versa?

Thats like the United States and Mexico signing a treaty where Los Angeles would be part of Mexico and Mexico City would be part of the USA.

Between this dumb treaty and the Treaty Of Algeron, one really has to wonder what kind of clowns the Federation have in their diplomatic division.

The episode itself was completely worthless.

The annoying interstellar paedophile "The Traveler" returns to tell his boyfriend Wesley Roddenberry Mary Sue Crusher that it's time he became a superhuman uberkid who can rule the galaxy on a "higher plane" of existance.

Dude, just tell Wesley you love him and cut the crap OK?

BTW- If that guy is a "Traveler" then where is his luggage?

Rating = 0

I'd Give Journey's End a 4-5 good to great episode

I like how it ended with Wesley and "The Traveler" both of them going to other "Higher Planes of Existence" and the reason why Wesley quit the Academy in the first place and also with him learning with the Indian tribe first.

"The Traveler"had no need of luggage lol

:D:heart::D :P

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

First things first, the "treaty" that the Federation signed with the Cardassians was completely ludicrous. The creation of the Demilitarized Zone I can understand, but how exactly would Federation planets end up in Cardassian space and vice-versa?

Thats like the United States and Mexico signing a treaty where Los Angeles would be part of Mexico and Mexico City would be part of the USA.

Between this dumb treaty and the Treaty Of Algeron, one really has to wonder what kind of clowns the Federation have in their diplomatic division.

The episode itself was completely worthless.

The annoying interstellar paedophile "The Traveler" returns to tell his boyfriend Wesley Roddenberry Mary Sue Crusher that it's time he became a superhuman uberkid who can rule the galaxy on a "higher plane" of existance.

Dude, just tell Wesley you love him and cut the crap OK?

BTW- If that guy is a "Traveler" then where is his luggage?

Rating = 0

I agree. However, this ep is still worth a 1 rating. :)

I gave this one a 3. One of the few times that Wesley actually seemed like a real person (minus all the Traveler stuff that is), where he's just moody and depressed, trying to find his real calling, I relate to this in a big way, and you gotta love Gates' line at the end "Be sure to dress warmly in those higher plains of existence." You had to give her one last "mom moment."

On that note, this episode WAS a necessary one. The series was nearing its end and everyone knew it was. Wesley is a character we all knew and love or hate him, at least felt some closure was necessary for his character as well. And in this final season, in one of the final episodes, they did him justice too, even if we thought it sucked how it panned out.

The political story was also pretty good. I loved Picard's inner conflict as well as those with the pencil pushers at Starfleet. I also appreciate how the solution was obvious, but not super-obvious, become naturalized citizens of the Cardassian empire. And this was really the heart of the problem, too. The Indians thought they could cling to Federation protection while thumbing their nose at the responsibilities it entailed. There's a good degree of uncertainty too as to just how much WILL the uber-military Cardassians respect the peaceful and nature-loving ways of these people? They hint at it, but it's still uncertain.

So yeah, didn't like the Traveler, but you kinda knew he was coming. I give it a 3.

Sign in to follow this