Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Terra Prime

What rating would you give "Terra Prime"?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Terra Prime"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 097

Season: 4 Episode: 21

Air Date: 05.13.2005

Review not yet available

Cast:

Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer

John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox

Jolene Blalock as T'Pol

Dominic Keating as Malcolm Reed

Anthony Montgomery as Travis Mayweather

Linda Park as Hoshi Sato

Connor Trinneer as Charles "Trip" Tucker III

Guest Cast:

Peter Weller as John Frederick Paxton

Harry Groener as Nathan Samuels

Gary Graham as Soval

Eric Pierpoint as Harris

Adam Clark as Josiah

Peter Mensah as Greaves

Johanna Watts as Gannet Brooks

Derek Magyar as Kelby

Joel Swetow as Thoris

Josh Holt as Ensign Masaro

Amy Rohren as Tactical Officer

Creative Staff:

Director: Marvin V. Rush

Teleplay By: Judith Reeves-Stevens & Garfield Reeves-Stevens and Manny Coto

Story By: Judith Reeves-Stevens & Garfield Reeves-Stevens and Andre Bormanis

The leader of Terra Prime threatens to destroy Starfleet if all non-humans don't leave

“Terra Prime” is full of action with a great story making this a lot better than the first part of this story. We find out in this episode that a member of Enterprise is working for Terra Prime and is responsible for stealing T’Pol and Trip’s DNA. We also see T’Pol’s mother side as she protects her daughter from those who want to hurt her, she also bottle feeds her child.

One of the great action scenes of the episode is when some of the crew take a shuttlpod and ride behind a comet to sneak into Mars to rescue Trip and T’Pol and destroy the weapon. They come very close to crashing which makes for a great action sequence.

The speech Archer gives at the end with the standing applause would have made this the perfect ending to the series. Good ending to an episode. “Terra Prime” is an excellent episode that is just filled with emotion as well, excellent.

***** out of *****

Edited by Gamera

I felt sorry for Trip and T'Pol. Finding out that they had a daughter without their knowledge than to accept her as their own to only to lose her. It was very fitting that her name would be Trip's sister. It was fitting for ending of the series, but should what could have been if they had another season.

I agree that it was a nice mini-tribute to TOS by having Hoshi stand up to the politician and not blast the base like he wanted. Overall, it's a decent episode. When Trip and T'Pol lost their baby, I almost lost it when Trip broke down. Very moving scene. :)

Edited by Gummy

Good episode. I wish it had been the last episode, instead of "These are the Voyages".

This is one of the few Enterprise episodes I liked, at least conceptually. Most of Trek seems to say "Earth had a lot of problems, then the Vulcans came, and *BANG* everything got better and we were part of a quadrant-sized community." It wasn't realistic. There were bound to be stumbling blocks and, yes, occasionally we would even loose ground. Enterprise as a series addressed this in a general sense but it still implied that all of humanity *wanted* to be part of this community. It was bullshit. Look at how many Americans want us to leave the UN (including me), and that is a real-life 65-year old organization that wouldn't even exist if it weren't for us. You think maybe we just might have similar feelings about surrendering our soverignity to space aliens? I think it likely. Now, for the first - and only - time in all of Trek we know that there was *internal* opposition to forming what would become the Federation as well.

But this is Enterprise, which means they had to take a good idea and (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) it up somehow. They did that with Trip and T'Pol having a test-tube baby. It wasn't a necessary part of the story. "Look! A half-Human half-Vulcan baby!" Uh, yeah... What's your point?

Sign in to follow this