Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

In a Mirror, Darkly, Part II

What rating would you give "In a Mirror, Darkly" Part II?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "In a Mirror, Darkly" Part II?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 095

Season: 4 Episode: 19

Air Date: 04.29.2005

Review not yet available

Cast:

Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer

John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox

Jolene Blalock as T'Pol

Dominic Keating as Malcolm Reed

Anthony Montgomery as Travis Mayweather

Linda Park as Hoshi Sato

Connor Trinneer as Charles "Trip" Tucker III

Guest Cast:

Gary Graham as Soval

Gregory Itzin as Admiral Black

Derek Magyar as Kelby

John Mahon as Admiral Gardner

Pat Healy as Alien

Creative Staff:

Director: Marvin V. Rush

Teleplay By: Michael Sussman

Story By: Manny Coto

Related Items:

TOS 039 - "Mirror, Mirror"

TOS 064 - "The Tholian Web"

Archer decides to use his new USS Defiant to overthrow the Emperor so he may become the new Emperor

It's good to see the NCC class ship again and the return of many things from TOS, even down to the crew putting on the TOS uniforms. We learn from the future Starfleet database of the future of Archer and Hoshi, and that two planets are named after Archer who is the "Earth's greatest explorer of the 22nd century". We see the return of the Gorn, done very well.

A reference to the original series is made once again when Soval is wearing Mirror Spock's beard. Interesting ending, I liked this a lot more than the previous episode

***** out of *****

Great episode, especially as mirror Archer is imagening the normal Archer taunting him, saying he'll never live up to him.

This time, I had to give it a 4. Everything was PERFECT in it, except the ending. You kinda go in with the feeling that eventually, something's gonna reright, and the Defiant is removed from the mirror universe, or at the very least, something would be happening to stop Sato at the end, but nothing of the kind. Which, in turn, you feel makes sense, but still you feel SOMETHING is missing. That makes it a 4 for me. Other than that, so perfect.

Fantastic! I loved it! The "proper timeline" Archer talking to the "mirror" Arthur was creepy, and the ending was surprising - Archer's last bit, and Hoshi's statement. WOW! Of all the mirror universe episodes, this is my favorite. :)

Sign in to follow this