Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

In the Hands of the Prophets

Ok, so not only is "Review Not Available," but there's also no poll available for this episode. lol. Can someone in power put a poll in here please?

I give it a 5. I really have to respect the way they tried to walk the line in this one. Seemed like they were going out of their way to irritate a certain segment, but they rein it back in by showing that this one was really just trying to use their faith solely as a means of political advancement, which I think we can all agree is a bad thing.

I also absolutely loved the line that Benjamin delivered to Jake: "To these beings, what has been, what is and what will be is all the same. So why shouldn't the Bajorans consider them prophets?" That was an amazing statement right there that really brought to recall the "Emissary" episode, and is also an incredible statement of religious tolerance, and humility at that. That was the best line of the entire episode.

This was an ep that at the time it aired gave Jerry Falwell(may he rest in peace) the heebie jeebies. This ep's plotline was about as subtle as napalm and as exciting as watching dilithium crystals deteriorate. If I had to rate it, I wouldn't know how to fairly rate it. In terms of acting, I give it a 5. In regards to plot, I give it a 2. Imo, it was an ep that hardcore fans watched while waiting for the series to get better. B)

Excellent episode!!!

5 out of 5 stars!

I can still remember the week it came out the TV Critic at USA Today gave it an excellent review.

Kai Winn (then vedek) was always such a nasty villian.

And the end with the assasination attempt was filled with tense on the edge of your seat drama!!!