Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Minefield

What rating would you give "Minefield"?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Minefield"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 029

Season: 2 Episode: 3

Air Date: 10.02.2002

Mission Date: Unknown

Review not yet available

Cast:

Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer

John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox

Jolene Blalock as T'Pol

Dominic Keating as Malcolm Reed

Anthony Montgomery as Travis Mayweather

Linda Park as Hoshi Sato

Connor Trinneer as Charles "Trip" Tucker III

Guest Cast:

Tim Glenn as Med Tech

Elizabeth Magness as Female Crewmember

Creative Staff:

Director: James A. Contner

Written By: John Shiban

Related Items:

Class-M planets, various

Romulans

When the Enterprise is about to launch a shuttlepod down to explore a new planet, they run into an invisible minefield which causes an explosion. They come to find out a couple of things when leaving the territory, there is still a mine attached to the ship that must be detached, and they also learn that the minefield happens to be placed there by the Romulans who are threatening to destroy the ship if they don’t hurry and leave.

What makes “Minefield” great besides hearing the Romulans; but never actually seeing them, is that we get a look at their early ship, but more than that, we get a more in depth story of Malcolm Reed’s past. While trying to defuse the mine, his leg gets pinned down by a spike attached to the mine and Archer has to come to the rescue. While defusing the mine, Reed tells of his heritage and his uncle who was a hero. Overall a very interesting episode.

**** out of *****

I think the eps was average. Here are some nitpicks.

1. Why do the Roms have a cloaking device 100 years before TOS Balance of Terror?

2. How doe read know how to diffuse a alien mine. Especially from a species he has never en(I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)ered?

5 from me. Really good character development episode. Reed's analogies to the similar mines he's dissembled in the past was a bit of a stretch, but it worked well. T'Pol and Trip were standard from the bridge, but where the real action was, it worked.

Sign in to follow this