Sign in to follow this  
Q stole my bike

photography as art

Anyone here interested in art photography? I'm really into 35mm b&w. For the past four months I've been developing my own negatives and prints, and I've gotten to the point where I don't trust 1hr photo anymore >_< Anyway I'm making my own darkroom (just ordered the equipment!). Hopefully I'll be able to experiment with alternate printing techniques (such as lithographs and cyanotypes).

Anyways, if anyone's interesting in seeing my work click me!

I like your work! I've been very into 35mm B&W stuff too. When I had a darkroom at my disposal, I always liked to do reversals and extremely high contrast stuff.

I wish I could afford darkroom equipment of my own. The best I ever had at home was the ability to develop film in my bathroom. I was a teenager at the time and hocked my CD collection for developing chemicals and stuff. Boy, my mom hated it when I locked myself in there for hours! B) :(

I bought a negative scanner many months ago in order to digitize all my work... it's taking this side of forever to even get through my first year of b&w stuff. :dude:

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't stand the idea of using a digital camera for artsy stuff or portrait work. I think of my digital as something for snapshots and nothing more.

Of course, that might just be because I can't afford the Pentax *ist DS I really want! B)

I still do business with a one-hour place near my house for my color prints. The owner is very meticulous with his equipment and I have never gotten a single bad print from that store. B)

i do b&w photography after school with my friends. there isn't a great deal of equipment available, and we have to reuse chemicals :clap: yuuck sometimes prints come out with a gold sheen. i have do admit, though, i'm not very good :drool:

I got into photography for awhile in High School. I developed my own film and had all the equipment. Haven't done it for years, though.