Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Deadly Years

What rating would you give "The Deadly Years"?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Deadly Years"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Kirk and his crew begin to age rapidly after beaming down to a planet and meeting an old couple that claim to be only 29 and 27 years old.

This is a race for time, as the crew gets older, so do their skills. Kirk finds himself repeating things he had already said five minutes prior. His inability to think with a right mind may cost him his position of the Enterprise if he and the rest don’t find a cure. Not to mention, they will die of old age by the end of the week.

“The Deadly Years” is great, a very entertaining and also very sad to watch the crew age; and Kirk losing his memory. He is so sure, he is devastated that he is losing his mind and you really feel for him. This is a very touching episode that makes this series great.

***** out of *****

I gave it a 5 because this is the first episode where we get to hear the famous Chekov scream.....lol

Edited by Kor37

A five from me as well, simply because the acting was so darn good on this one. Even from the ancillaries. Except the Commodore. I really don't see how you get to be a Commodore without putting at least some time in in the trenches as it were. I'm beginning to wonder though, if Chekhov is just the TOS equivalent of Wesley Crusher. lol I do love him and Sulu as a duo though. They work well as a peanut gallery, they really do. And I honestly thought Chekhov stayed immune because he got the hell out of that room before he had a chance to be infected. The more I think about it though, the more I realize I wasn't paying too close of attention. Still an awesome episode.

An interesting tidbit on this episode. The current NewVoyages episode featuring Walter Koenig reprising his role as Chekov is actually sort of a sequel to "The Deadly Years" where Chekov finally comes down with the aging disease which has been dormant in him ever since that time. However, this time around, the results are not too good for poor Chekov.

Except the Commodore. I really don't see how you get to be a Commodore without putting at least some time in in the trenches as it were.

I agree completely! How in the world did this guy ever get promoted to Commodore and not have a clue as to how to fight a battle? Commodore Decker would have wiped the floor up with this milktoast!

Sign in to follow this