Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Agen Kolar, a Klingon Jedi?

Okay, so Agen Kolar (a character appearing in both episodes 2 and 3) isn't a Klingon, he's Zabrak. However, he really looks like a Klingon:

zabrak.jpg

Is this an homage? A coincidence? Revenge for the Breen looking so much like Leia's bounty hunter disguise (this one:)

LeiaBountyHuntercostumes.jpg

Thoughts? Or is this another doomed Jack_Bauer post? You decide.

Or perhaps we could discuss how cool a Klingon-Jedi would be.

With a light bat'leth, perhaps?

Edited by Jack_Bauer

Call me bias but.... I love the Klingons and I envision the bat'leth beats the lightsaber anytime :laugh:)

Is this an homage? A coincidence?

325646[/snapback]

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a touch of homage involved. George Lucas is a Trek fan and ILM did do the special effects for Trek starting with TNG and ending with First Contact. There are probably plenty of Trek fans working for George Lucas as well. ILM is a collection of computer geeks and other nerds and we all know that where there are nerds and geeks, there are Trekkies. LOL

I think I would take Klingon guile over a Jedi too. LOL

I'm not sure.

It looks like they are crossing genres, which is like crossing the streams.  Very dangerous.

326245[/snapback]

A Ghostbusters reference in a Star Wars/Star Trek thread. I love it.

Click For Spoiler

Maybe it's just me but I personally don't think he looks anything like a Klingon.

I'm not sure.

It looks like they are crossing genres, which is like crossing the streams.  Very dangerous.

326245[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
Oh, and as an aside Agen Kolar got mowed down pretty quick in Episode III (he was on Mace Windu's right when the 'arrested' Palpatine.

I guess Kolar (I assume that's his last name, unless Zabrak are named like Bajorans) isn't quite Klingon enough

326956[/snapback]

Alright Jack! I was afraid no one would catch that.

Ok, so a thread crossing genres (streams) of SW and ST is further crossed by another genre (stream), Ghostbusters. Does this amplify the effect?

And by the way, don't worry everybody. Crossing the streams is bad, but there is definately a very slim chance we will survive.

I'm not sure.

326245[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

326956[/snapback]

Ok, so a thread crossing genres (streams) of SW and ST is further crossed by another genre (stream), Ghostbusters. Does this amplify the effect?

And by the way, don't worry everybody. Crossing the streams is bad, but there is definately a very slim chance we will survive.

327083[/snapback]

Oh, crossing the streams is very bad.

Imagine all life as you know it stopping instanteously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light. Complete protonic reversal.

Well, that's just prime. (There's another one)

I'm not sure.

326245[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
Oh, and as an aside Agen Kolar got mowed down pretty quick in Episode III (he was on Mace Windu's right when the 'arrested' Palpatine.

I guess Kolar (I assume that's his last name, unless Zabrak are named like Bajorans) isn't quite Klingon enough

326956[/snapback]

327083[/snapback]

Imagine all life as you know it stopping instanteously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light. Complete protonic reversal.

327133[/snapback]

[Jack], pretend for a moment that I don't know anything about metallurgy, engineering, or physics, and just tell me what the [heck] is going on.

Besides the fact that I inadvertently hijacked this topic to reciting applicable Ghostbuster quotes.

I'm not sure.

326245[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

326956[/snapback]

327083[/snapback]

327133[/snapback]

[Jack], pretend for a moment that I don't know anything about metallurgy, engineering, or physics, and just tell me what the [heck] is going on.

Besides the fact that I inadvertently hijacked this topic to reciting applicable Ghostbuster quotes.

327167[/snapback]

I have no idea what that really means. It's Egon's explanation for what will happen if the streams are crossed. I just quoted it (from memory).

I'm not sure.

326245[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

326956[/snapback]

327083[/snapback]

327133[/snapback]

327167[/snapback]

I have no idea what that really means. It's Egon's explanation for what will happen if the streams are crossed. I just quoted it (from memory).

327177[/snapback]

Heh, actually, my last post was yet another Ghostbuster quote. I can feel the fabric of space-time fragmenting.

Perhaps it's time to get back on topic.

327778[/snapback]

Hmm, you are right Takara, I was getting out of hand. Apologies.

As for the topic at hand, it may be possible, however, I would think that if they wanted to do a homage or a payback, they would make the perdson more Klingon-like, since the Leia as Boushh (sp?) character is remarkably like the Breen, which I never made the connection before! Even the temperament of the Breen seems based on the in cognito Princess. The Romulan saying of Never turn your back on a Breen, referring to treachery I imagine, is synonymous with her pulling out that thermal detonator in Jabbas's palace.

The horns in place of ridges are somewhat interesting, but I find it hard to imagine a Klingon being a Jedi. They just seem too violent to me.