Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Alien Spotlight

Created by ANDREA IZZOTTI

deneva1.jpg

These enormous jelly-like uni-cellular creatures coming from an unknow planet. Each creature is a part of a bigger complex entity, formed by all the separated uni-cellular beings. The parasitic creatures cause insanity in victims by landing on their backs and entering the nervous system via the spine, which they wrap around. The only weapon that can destroy these parasites is the light. Dr. McCoy first thought that only white light might destroy them (1000 candles per square inch), but after a very dangerous experiment with MR. Spock, he discovered a human-safe way to destroy them by exposing to a ultraviolet light.

deneva3.jpg

Name of the system: Darius beta

Position in the system: 4

Number of satellites: 3

Class: M

Gravity: 1.15 g

Diameter: 9,700 Km

Equatorial circumference: 14,500 Km

Total surface: 300,500,000 Km²

Percentage earths emerged: 45%

Surface earths emerged: 135,225,000 Km²

Length of the day: 25½ hours

Atmosphere: Earthling

Climate: Moderate hot

Population: 4,500,000

Forms of dominant life: Deltanians and Tellarites

Deneva is one of the greater commercial and industrial centers of the Federation. Founded from the Centauriani, the colony of Deneva has served like center of restocking and reparation for the ships during the Romulana War. Deneva has become the symbol of the philosophy of the Federation, a monument to the cultural and technological sprung out of evolution the cooperation of different races. The Denevana population has stayed decimated in date 3287 by hundreds of flying parasites, destroyed by the Enterprise.

deneva4.jpg

Referring Episode: Operation: Annihilate!

Can't blame you there, Lollypop. I always thought of the Horta as a moving lasagna. :laugh:

But, I relly liked this episode. It was sad for the way the creatures were so low tech, but the story was good.

Can't blame you there, Lollypop. I always thought of the Horta as a moving lasagna. :laugh: 

But, I relly liked this episode. It was sad for the way the creatures were so low tech, but the story was good.

The low tech creatures gave the show a certain character. Sometimes I tire of the high tech effects of today. High tech effects can spoil a great story at times.

I know that the low tech creatures could not be helped, Data. I still Love the Devil in the Dark, but that does not stop me from having a good giggle over the moving lasagna! :rolleyes:

Believe me, TOS as a whole is very dear to me. Heck, I even love ST:TMP.

But I can still see humor in what they had to use as props and such.

I wonder if the tormented spirits of all those dead,half-mad Denevans raise the dickins with the colonists who live there in the 24th century? :unsure: