Sign in to follow this  
ravenlunatic

The Next Genaration to come.

hi i wonder if anybody had some new ideas on where to go from the last book titan or lats movie nemises.

me i think that they try to make a new mission for Picard to go in to deep space. i think that they should take the enterprise fit it with a new shield genarater and new hull armer and put on some of the borg warp engiens they happend to pick up in Shatners books. make him an admiral give him a fleet of dafiant type ships and sent thim o a new quadrent. but thats what i want to see what about you guys?

mod note: closed codes

Edited by Takara_Soong

I don't want to crush your hopes but I believe the chances of ever seeing Stewart as Picard on the big screen again are slim and non and slim left town.

If Frakes and Sirtis will agree to a modest salary then perhaps a Titan adventure could be done and imo, (aside from an ENT film :naughty: ) would be the best place to base a new film.

I want to see what happens next between the Fed and Romulans; did a brave new world begin with Donatra helping the Ent? If so are Old School Rommies (<no offense intended to Romulan fans) stepping up to the plate - blocking the peace talks like what happened with the Klingons? Do Romulan factions dead set against Reunification want to get their hands on a time machine and attack the past by giving advanced tech to the Romulans of that era? Those are some of the questions I'd like to see given a canon answer to regarding that era of the timeline.

I would like to see the Titan again, but i Stewart Doesnt want to do picard anymore they should have him die, like Kirk

Well, we all know who I would like to see return to Trek. But, like the whole thing mentioned by AE about Patrick Stewart, it would be a slim or none chance that Brent Spiner would return. And I would really, really not like Data's return to be simply B4 waking up one day and suddenly being Data. And downloading his memories into Lore's body??? Somehow, I have a strange feeling that something may go wrong. But an alternate and believable way would need to be done to bring him back... without having to steal his siblings' bodies. I mean, if needed to avoid the whole ageing issue.. have him come back with the idea that was started by the scenes in First Contact, him having human flesh. Thus allowing to him age, a little easier (like his own mother).

But like I kind of figured, I do not think that is likely to happen outside of novelizations or fan fics. So, I guess the next best thing would be for fans of Troi and Riker to get to see their favorites take the lead.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I don't think a Titan movie would be great, to be honest I've had enough of Troi.

New areas should be explored, a DS9 movie would be nice.

DS9 movie will never happen and neither will a Voyager movie. They'd be too impractical because the crews were too divided at the end of the series' run. They'd waste too much time getting them back together. Also despite the quality of both series, neither achieved the general popularity of TOS or TNG and despite the great fan response, such a movie would likely flop.

There have been rumours about J. Michael Stracynzki (sp?) creating the next series which I find intriguing but I have reservations about the idea. Yes, he has created amazing science fiction but Babylon 5, Crusade, and Jeremiah (all his shows) have all been cancelled or threatened with cancellation. He also seems to be overly controlling of the shows (writing a whole season or banning ad libs). He also expressed displeasure with everything beyond TOS, which worries me and I don't know how much knowledge of Trek's overall continuity he has (he wouldn't have had time to watch Trek when he was busy with his own show).

I would accept his show but he would likely have to have several Trek writers on board (i.e. Coto or the Reeves-Stevens) to ensure it was indeed Trek. And no destroying the Federation, it is core to Star Trek's message.