Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Spike TV Launch Delayed

From startrek.com

"Spike TV" Put on Hold

The cable TV home of Star Trek: The Next Generation, TNN, was set to officially rebrand itself "Spike TV" starting Monday, but legal wrangling has put the kibosh on that, at least for now. Filmmaker Spike Lee has won a preliminary injunction against Viacom, the corporate parent of TNN (as well as Paramount Pictures), temporarily preventing the channel from using what he claims is his own namesake, according to industry news reports this morning. At a hearing earlier this week, Lee — represented by lawyer Johnnie Cochran Jr. — testified that he believed Viacom derived the name for the male-targeted network from his own and did not wish to be associated with its programming. Viacom countered that Lee's claim "is not supported by the law or the evidence," and is seeking an immediate stay of the injunction. Both parties will return to court June 23 to discuss scheduling in the case.

Good..silly business..just call the station Ground hog or testastorone or somethin like that.

What will happen to TNG?

Will we still be able to find it there?

It was stated on another thread that Tng will resume on..T.N.N..Spike..Whatever and that it might turn into DS9 by next year. I hope Tng stays too. :)

It was stated on another thread that Tng will resume on..T.N.N..Spike..Whatever and that it might turn into DS9 by next year. I hope Tng stays too.  :)

Thanks!

I would love to see both TNG and DS9 on TNN.

Sign in to follow this