Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

TrekUnited not giving up

Do you agree TU is doing the right thing continuing to fight for ENT or is it hurting Trek more?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree TU is doing the right thing continuing to fight for ENT or is it hurting Trek more?

• It has gone beyond ENT, Treks future is at stake
    • TU should just let go, Trek will return after a rest

The Fight to Save Enterprise Continues
Click For Spoiler

I'm torn. Although I never financially supported them I always thought they were doing the right thing because I liked ENT and didn't want it to go away but I dislike that it's caused the biggest fan fracture in Treks history.

Tim does make some damn good points about the Heads at Paramount, Tims evidence does seem to point to their desire not only to keep ENT dead but future Trek projects because none of them care about or are fans of it!

That is very disturbing to me and does serve to ignite a pilot light of desire to do something not just for the sake of ENT but for the Future of Star Trek; I'd hate to someday realize I had a hand in supporting the Death of Trek by doing anything because I'd been decieved by the new Paramount Leaders.

I personally think, after lurking at many trek sites, that things are deeply divided.

And to continue on, will only feed the fire of animosity between each side, thus creating a greater chasim, which will make it harder to heal.

I say both sides need to just shut the -bleep- up.

These arguments are nothing like the values that Trek has always exhibited and made the series so well loved.

If the fight continues as it is, Trek will never return.

If TU does get Trek back, the "others" will only begin another battle.

It's time for everyone to just walk away and take a breather, get a better perspective on this entire matter.

As with AE I did not support TU financially, but have agreed and supported their cause. I feel that ENT does need to continue and that the only way to have any chance of that happening is to fight for it. I fully support continuing the campaign. I have continued to send letters to paramount and Viacom each week concerning the show and will continue to do so even after *gulp* the last episode on the 13th. I feel that if ENT goes forever than so will Trek. I believe that Paramount will just dangle carrots in front of us now and then about "considering a new trek series" but that it will never really go anywhere.

I think Trek United should continue the fight. The fight for Enterprise is a lost cause, mostly because the actors and crew have accepted it and are moving on. (though that Sci-Fi ad still perplexs me). However, there focus should be a guarantee from Paramount that the next Star Trek series will be synidicated in first run.

I don't think that things will be divided now that Enterprise is passed. In that statement, there seem to be a lot of things said common to both sides, disliking UPN, disliking Berman and Braga, the need for a new showrunner (i.e. KillEnterprise has seemed to change focus into JMSTrek, getting the creator of Babylon 5 to be showrunner, which I find intriguing but have reservations about).

We all really want the same thing: a strong future for Trek. We disagree on Enterprise but the sides will likely shift with the next series...

I don't know JB, I was over at ST.com this morning, and it seems not to be the case.

People there haven't moved on at all.

It was quite sad actually.

I donated ten dollars and I'm proud that I did! Enterprise should live on and I don't give a damn who says it shouldn't! I think this is a great show and I will stick to it all the way! Down with Paramount!

I am sick and tired of this. Trek is too big of a money spinner in the merchandising area to be gone completely, I figure trek needs a break, feel free to kick my backside. Don't care.

I agree. Trek does need a break. Fans need to know what it feels like not to have any new Trek. I went through it after TOS got cancelled. Maybe after a few years, if a new Trek comes along, fans won't be so likely to nitpick everything like they have tended to do in recent years.

Move on it's dead

322724[/snapback]

You're slipping Daharmaster. You blew a perfect opportunity to say........"Its dead, Jim".......lol

TU should let it go Trek will be back after several years rest ( "A Breather to get new ideas etc")and give me the time to save up money to buy all V series on DVD eventually ("One Series at a time of course").

Why do you need Trek back later when you've got Enterprise now? Tell me! Enterprise is just as good as any Trek because, oh well would you look at that IT IS TREK! You have Trek now! Watch Trek now! No later!

I support Star Trek Enterprise and some of the efforts to save the series but I think TU did more harm than good. They diverted fans' efforts away from letter writing, email sending, etc. by focusing completely on the fundraising which had absolutely no chance in heck of succeeding. I think TU itself has widened the gulf amongst Trek fans more than anything else in my memory. The hostility amongst fans for and against the series intensified twentyfold (at least) because of the fundraising campaign and the introduction of this mysterious Al Vinci. BTW, we have some big production companies in Canada, such as Alliance-Atlantic which co-produces the CSI franchise with CBS, and if they wanted to get involved with Trek they wouldn't have that guy as their frontman.

I'm troubled after reading that list of on-going projects as I see at least two more fundraising campaigns. Personally, I'd rather spend my money on Enterprise DVDs than donate for newspaper ads that get changed at the last minute. And do they have any idea how much it costs to produce a television commercial and get it aired on network television?

Right now Enterprise - Season One is at the #17 spot in the list of best selling DVDs at Amazon.com. Season Two has a rank of #92 and it's not being released until the end of July. If you want more Trek then buy Trek and watch Trek because, bottom line, as long as Trek makes money, Trek will be made.

There is one area that seems to set me apart from many other Trek fans - I don't want Rick Berman to leave. I love TNG, I really like Enterprise and Voyager, DS9 is okay in my books and I really like all of the TNG movies. And since I've enjoyed all of these, I see no reason to get rid of him.

This thread is more about Tims new claim that the Heads at Paramount may be trying to finish Trek altogether than it is about past mistakes from either side but is there any evidence TU distracted their members from writing letters and the rest?

This thread is more about Tims new claim that the Heads at Paramount may be trying to finish Trek altogether than it is about past mistakes from either side but is there any evidence TU distracted their members from writing letters and the rest?

322814[/snapback]

That isn't a new claim, AE. He's made the claim that Enterprise will be the last Trek produced if the campaign fails since the cancellation was first announced. I don't agree with that. As long as Viacom/Paramount can make money from the franchise, they will produce it. I don't want to wait 3, 5 or 10 years for more Trek. I want Enterprise back however I don't think that this is the end of the franchise if Enterprise isn't saved.

I don't know if there is evidence to prove or disprove that it got in the way of other aspects of the campaign. TU was created specifically for fundraising however even at SE fundraising seemed to become the main focus. The number of discussions of what could be done seemed to take second place to talk of fundraising IMO.

Move on it's dead

322724[/snapback]

You're slipping Daharmaster. You blew a perfect opportunity to say........"Its dead, Jim".......lol

322725[/snapback]

:naughty::laugh: LMAO!!!!!!!! B) :hug:

Oh, well, it was new to me; I hadn't been following along with what he was saying from the beginning.

Everyone one happy to see ENT die keeps saying Trek will be back, fans not happy with the death of ENT but who are coming to grips with its death say Trek will be back, Rick Berman and a whole host of others keep saying Trek will be back but not the people whose opinions matter most to me; it's owners. They haven't yet said it will be back that I've heard, show me their guarantee and I'll shut up.

From what I've been hearing is that the actors believe the new head of Paramount doesn't like Trek.

Now I for one believe that everything in our world happens for a reason, that there is a hand in everything that has a more complete wisdom than we do.

Having said that, I think this is giving Trek the needed break.

This individual will not always be in charge of Paramount, it's been proven that these types of jobs are always fluctuating every few years.

And perhaps in that time away from Trek, some new ideas for a series will evolve and eventually implimented.

This series won't die because of a break.

How many decades did we go through between TOS and TNG?

It won't be decades before the next Trek evolves.

Each series has fans, and while you may love DS9, others didn't. But we all still tune into the premieres don't we?

We check out every new incarnation and make our decisions from the best way, and that is observing the program for ourselves.

There is a patience with Trek fans that I like. That if this series isn't their favorite, they know that eventually there will be one that grabs them again.

In that sense Trek is strong and will stay strong.

IMO that patience is being tested by TU and those that actively and nastily oppose them.

Because of this we need the break from Trek even more.

When the new Trek permieres, the memories of the awful fighting will have diminished and the excitement and hope of an awesome Trek will bring Trek enthusiasts back together in a stronger fashion.

What happens if after your break you find that you really hate the new one? Will you go "Oh this sucks! We need more break!" or will you be "This sucks! More Enterprise!"

What happens if after your break you find that you really hate the new one? Will you go "Oh this sucks! We need more break!" or will you be "This sucks! More Enterprise!"

322936[/snapback]

No, I wouldn't think that.

I'd hope the series meets the needs of other fans out there, that they enjoy it.

And I'd most likely wait until another series comes along that is more to my liking.

It all boils down to the writing.