Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

New Laptop?

The computer you have there has very little RAM, it won't perform as good. Most of the programs doesn't run as efficently as higher RAM. Buy more RAM for it, there's loads of places where you can get RAM sticks, and most of them a pretty cheap anyway. But personally, I'd recommend a Dell.

Here's a link to Dell's notebook page.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/c...s=19&l=en&s=dhs

I would suggest you get a Sunday paper, they always have ads in the Sunday magazine sections for their latest deals.

I saw a laptop that is outstanding for speed and memory for a mere $800 a few weeks back.

I know you most likely get an employee discount at work, but try to get a comp that will last you longer so you get your money's worth.

Wal-Mart also sells HP notebooks, does anyone know about HP's? If I had the money, I would get a dell in a heartbeat, I'm a dell person. :yahoo:

I would suggest you get a Sunday paper, they always have ads in the Sunday magazine sections for their latest deals.

322078[/snapback]

I'm seeking paper-based information on Dell- do you recokon (sp?) they'd have it in my newspapers?

322078[/snapback]

I'm seeking paper-based information on Dell- do you recokon (sp?) they'd have it in my newspapers?

322089[/snapback]

Oh Cara I'm not sure. :yahoo:

Are they available in europe?

Let me go to my recycle bin and see if there are some codes I can feed you.

BRB

HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I don't see anything here in the fine print about europe. :yahoo:

Right now they have a fantastic desktop for $500. :blink: E value code: 03453-D50507A

Notebook code for this week special 03453-D80506

Link to the DELL UK site

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/default....c=uk&l=en&s=dhs

Edited by Madame Butterfly

The ads that I easily find are in the Sunday paper, which always includes small magazine sections, which is basically a 10 page mini magazine, and they typically advertise on the inside cover pages, or the back cover pages.

You're welcome.

There's no reason to be embarrassed. :blink: :yahoo:

MrP, the ad for the Dell this week is as follows.

Inspiron 1200 Notebook

$630 after 10% off, evalue code 03453-D80506

Intel celeron M Processor 350, 1.3 GHz, !MB Cache, 400 MHz FSB

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

256MB Shared DDR SDRAM

30GB Hard Drive

24x CD burner/DVD combo drive

FREE Dell 1350 wireless PC Card 9802.11b/g

Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900

Free Dell Color Pinter 720

Not sure how that compares, but you do have the name to back the comp, you can't be sure with other.

Personally, I would get one with a DVD burner verses a CD-RW. I use the DVDs for backup. Also, you should look for a much faster processor. If you use the net a lot and have a fast modem (3.0 Mbps or higher) it is worth getting a processor that is at least. 2.4 Ghz with 1 gig RAM. Some people would go for a larger disk drive but my laptop only has a 30 gig which is perfectly adequate with the DVDs being used for archive.

Edited by Data

I do not remember the specs for my Sony Vaio, I had gotten it slightly used for $400. It is nothing major, but for what I use it for that works for me. I mainly use it on trips so I have internet access, and a way to work on my reports and other paper work.

Yil, I didn't know you had a Sony Vaio. It may have the same specs as mine. If it is only a couple years old. A brand new Vaio is a bit pricy though.

Edited by Data

Yil, I didn't know you had a Sony Vaio. It may have the same specs as mine. If it is only a couple years old. A brand new Vaio is a bit pricy though.

322118[/snapback]

Yep, I got it back in September or October last year. When I was away on my music gigs last year, that was how I was accessing the boards. It is only a few years old.