Sign in to follow this  
KIMIMELA

Say Something About the Person Above You,

Ever since I became a guitarist, been having lessons from an adorable guy called Ben and he invited me to join Facebook. I noticed he liked a lot of stuff I liked, including meditation so I started getting books and different things. I created a Facebook group and got talking to one of my members called Steve. He said he went to the Buddhist Centre I once visited, and recommended the sister centre near to where I live at Uni.

I went down and had some meditation classes then I got recommended to join the centre so I did. And I've learnt from the Sangha community there.

I've always had a personality where I've wanted to help people but I've always been afraid of what my family would say. They hate the idea, and I still force myself to drink and eat meat just to please them. But when I'm at Uni I eat Veggie, don't drink and often attend the centre.

It makes sense. And I'm glad to finally have the freedom to do this.

^ Is shocked at the idea?

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

"In the New Kadampa Tradition (NKT), practitioners can take an ordination from Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. This ordination is described by some as being different to the ordination followed by monks and nuns in the Buddha's lineage as laid down in the Vinaya and Pratimoksha Sutras. However, it comprises the 8 commitments of rabjung or 'basic' ordination as set out in the Vinaya - to refrain from killing, stealing, lying and sexual activity, and to abandon the life of a lay person by changing one's mind, physical aspect and name. In addition to this, NKT monks and nuns receive a further 5 commitments. According to Waterhouse NKT monks and nuns are simply described as ‘ordained’, and usually take the name ‘Kelsang’ from Geshe Kelsang."

I'm not Ordained. I'm not a Buddhist Nun. I follow of the New Kadampa Tradition and I am a member of a Sangha (Buddhist) community at a Centre. I still have my hair and I do not wear the robes, but I do have a Buddha Shrine and I often go to the Centre. In my signature is Geshe Kelsang (known as Geshe-La), and my teacher Leksang at the Centre I attend.

I DO NOT LOOK LIKE V V V .

^ Thought I was ordained

I appriciate that, Lord of the Borg. That's why I gave you the information. Of course, Wikipedia explains parts better than I. :yahoo:

^ Had a nice time with family over the holidays?

^ is still here after the whole time i've been gone, lol.

I had a disappearing act for a few months, actually. I got too involved in other things.

Right, who's above me? I didn't look...Oh LOL hello again!

^ Follows me around into every thread

[EDIT: COMMENT REMOVED BY POSTER, TO AVOID ANY NEGATIVE ISSUES THAT MAY ARISE]

Well OK, I agree, I shouldn't have said that. My bad Karma!!!

^ Saved me from a bad situation

^ Is being driven crazy by not knowing....... <_<

Obviously, I know what it was........bwah...ha...haaaaaaa..