Sign in to follow this  
pittykitty

Trivia Comments

Hello everyone. :dude:

I just wanted to add a few comments here-------

Many times people complain that they will never be able to catch up to someone like Indy (or any of the other Super Qs -----not to single out Indy). However, this is not the real objective nor should it be your primarily objective. (And, if hypothetically Indy played week-by-week earning almost a perfect score each week, it would be impossible [or virtually impossible] to catch up to her anyway. So don’t worry about it.)

The competition between players is really week-by-week. Each week a first place winner and second place winner is declared. Anyone that has the know-how to play can earn the title of being in first or second place after the week’s ‘round’ is over. And if you do not get to be first or second place then do not worry because you have made the accomplishment of earning some trivia points which is not an easy thing to do. As time goes on you will become a better player and your knowledge of Star Trek will increase. Play when you can. Play for the fun of it. Enjoy yourself!

Another very important objective for a player is the net total of all points made. This earns each player an official trivia rank. You should view this as more of a self-objective; to earn as many points as possible week-to-week. Therefore, a trivia rank just displays your net sum of all points you have made. We can draw an analogy between your message board rank and trivia rank here. The message board rank only reflects the number of message board posts you have made and nothing more. For some people it might take only a few months to get up to a very high message board rank due to a large amount of posting. Some people it might take a couple of years to get up to a very high rank because they scarcely post. It is essentially the same for trivia ranks. (The analogy does break down here because the ‘quality’ of posts made by someone that got up to a high rank might not be that good...it is subjective. The trivia rank is hard-earned and is not subjective in the way a message board post can be. And, just like the trivia ranks, someone on the message board that has been a member much longer then you will most likely have a much higher rank then you. They are not necessarily a better ‘poster’ then you are.) View it as a competition with yourself to get an ever higher promotion. Once you reach the trivia rank of Super Q you have then reached the highest rank you can currently get. When you reach the Super Q rank you know your total net-sum of points reached over that specific point number given. It does not mean that you should quit. Just like, to get back to the analogy, someone getting the highest message board rank does not mean they should leave StarTrekFans.net. People do not come to a community like StarTrekFans.net or any other just to get some high message board rank because that is not the point to come to a community. And that is same with this trivia competition.

Good Luck (as always)! And Have Fun!

In StarTrekFans.net's Official Star Trek Trivia

[EDIT: Sorry ------- copy & paste error LOL]

post-68-1104456831.gif

Edited by master_q

I just do it for the fun and when I have the time to spare, which I don't have much anymore. :dude:

Hello all. I'm starting this topic for any kind of comments or complaints that any of you might have about scores and/or trivia questions. My goal is to clean up the pinned topics a little bit and I'm going to be moving comments made into this thread. I am also going to start to post the First and Second place winners each week in the 'Trivia Points and Ranks' thread. That's another reason I would like your comments be placed here..Please feel free to add to this post.

I don't have any problem with the trivia. Now if you can find away to make the day longer so I can get all my work done that would be great! :dude:

As I said earlier in this thread. I do it for fun. I feel really great when I get a tough question right.

master_q, may I add one more comment? If the trivia seems tough to you some weeks, don't worry about it. But keep track of the answers you do not know.Iit will enhance your knowledge and enjoyment of Trek.

I would also like to thank master_q and SpaceTigger for making this a great section of this forum. It is a lot of work.

Trivia is actually good for your memory. Your mind is like any other muscle, when you work it, it grows. So by doing trivia, it helps your mind remember things better, and increases your recall ability.