Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Hi, I'm Indy

I know some of you from ST.com. I used to spend a lot of time in the chatroom there. It's good to be here, this is a definite improvement over anything at ST.com.

It is good to see some older individuals here. I've been spending some time at another message board, but there are a lot of younger people there. Younger fans are good, they will definitely help keep the franchise alive, but I enjoy opinions from people my age as well.

I started watching TOS in 1966 and haven't really stopped since. There were some years when other things, such as raising children, took priority, but I've always considered myself a fan. When asked my favorite series, I say it changes every day, depending on what I'm watching at the time, but I guess it's a toss-up between TOS and TNG. I'm very fond of DS9 as well. My favorite movie is The Voyage Home.

I am married and have two beautiful, blonde teenaged daughters. The oldest is a freshman in college and the youngest is a freshman in high school. The college student doesn't think Trek is "cool" but thinks Trip is cute. My high schooler enjoys watching when she has time. And I have managed to "convert" a couple of their boyfriends.

Besides Trek, I'm a big fan of the Indiana Jones movies (hence the name). Heck, I'm a big fan of anything with Harrison Ford. Don't ya think Harrison Ford would be great in a Trek movie?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

You must be as old as me (or, rather, as young as me!). I am not alone!

V.C - We must be young at heart. I don't act old and I don't feel old!!!

Welcome to the board Indy. While I am just a little too young to remember seeing TOS first run I am a child of the 60's (Barely... 1969). Maybe I should make a special group called Honored Elders :) (DS9 fans know what that is).

welcome indy. im only 16! lol. i cant even remember when tng first came out. i have watched it all my life though.

Maybe I should make a special group called Honored Elders 

LOL!!! Sounds like a great idea to me!

im only 16! lol. i cant even remember when tng first came out. i have watched it all my life though.

Bysty: It's great that young people have grown up with Trek in their lives. There are a lot of good messages in Trek, even going back to the basic Roddenberry philosophy of accepting and embracing our diversity.

Welcome Indy!

These boards are more friendly for ALL ages! Since the stuff at ST.com was getting to close to NC-17 stuff (and sometimes beyond), it is nice to have a safe haven here. And MaQuIs_PrInCeSs, check out the thread in off topic about Am I the Youungest person here? You are sure to locate at least a couple people close to your age!!

Thank you, everybody, for the warm welcome. :lol:

Sign in to follow this