Which of the Two Do You Like More

Which was Your Favorite?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which was Your Favorite?

• Predator
    • Predator 2
    • I haven't seen either
    • I like them both

Even thought the Preds don't stand a chance against Aliens, I have to say that the first one was the best.

the original, i dont think I have stayed awake for the 2nd one the whole way through, I think its very boring

I liked the first one with Arnold in it. I also liked the two creatures battling it out in Alien Versus Predator movie. Edited by BlueCrystal

I agree that the first one is the best, but the second one has it's moments. Especially on the rated R, uncensored version. Here's a few highlights I like about the second movie

-Longer Predator battles

-A druglord in the city gets his head taken off by the Predator, awesome scene

-You see the inside of the Predator ship

-An apartment full of skinned bodies

just to name a few things. I'm going to watch both movies this week, after I watch both, I'll give deeper thoughts into it. It's been a while since I've seen both of them.

Predator

Action Packed!

Oh man, I love this movie. I just bought the DVD and it is awesome. There is so much that was cut out on the TV censored version that is still left in the uncensored rated R version.

Alien successfully mixed the horror genre with the sci-fi genre, and Predator has accomplished an amazing thing as well, Predator successfully mixed the action genre with the sci-fi genre. And what better way to do that than to get one of the greatest action heroes of all time, good old Ahnold. And what better person to do the special affects for a movie than the legend himself Stan Winston, and they got both. And mix it with a great story and add John McTiernan (the dude who directed Die Hard) as director, you have one awesome flick. That’s what this movie is.

The special effects are top notch in this film; Stan really out did himself with this film. Outstanding work on the dead bodies and all of the mutilation that the Predator, aka the Yatja, did.

The musical score for the movie was fantastic as well. Every time I think of this movie, I think about the song.

Last but not least, a lot of the credit has to go to Kevin Peter Hall who portrayed the Predator in this film. He made the character come to life, and his battles with Arnold were terrific. He really does make you forget that this is all fake and begin to think that this is real. He was a very talented actor who will be missed.

All in all, this movie is my favorite sci-fi movie. It has it all with some to spare. I actually understood what was going on when I watched the DVD. On the censored TV version, they cut so much out you just don’t know what’s really happening. I recommend the DVD big time, very much worth getting. I guess there was 20 minutes that were cut in the censored version after watch this uncensored version. Get it!

Predator 2

Opening with the gang war between the Columbians and the Jamaicans in downtown L.A., you know that this movie is way different from the first movie that took place in the rain forests of Central America. But one thing’s for sure, this movie is going to have action.

This movie takes place in the year 1997, which is now in our past but then future since it was made in 1990. Even with that said, this movie gives a good look at our possible future. The pollution has really caused the Green House Effect to become a bigger problem as they sweat constantly on this movie. This is just the right environment for a Yatja, better known as a Predator, since they love humid/hot environments. That is why they are in Central America.

Danny Glover (who plays Lieutenant Mike Harrigan in the movie) does an excellent action job. He’s no Ahnold, but he is still very good. But the film really goes to Bill Paxton who plays Jerry Lambert, the new cop trying to prove himself as a good cop in the roughest parts of L.A. He brings his sassy, take no for an answer attitude; that was last scene in Aliens to this movie, which works. He actually becomes the anti-hero. Gotta love Kevin Peter Hall who once again portrayed the Predator, which he does the role even better in this film.

This movie is very underrated. There is many great things about this movie to love. To the simplest, the story. A cop trying to turn his war zone into a livable city again. The last thing he needed was this alien threat. The story handles itself very well with lots of needed action, but this movie is not as gory as the first.

The best thing about the Predator is that he is more detail. He looks a lot better than he did in the first movie, and the movement is much more tribal, all praise goes to Kevin who studied African tribes so he could master being the Predator, and it really shows in this film. The Predator’s weapons are fantastic. You really do get to see the Predator’s arsenal in this film. He has a disc that cuts all that comes in contact with it then returns to the alien’s hand automatically. The net that pins you to the ground then gets tighter until you are sliced into pieces. And the staff, that can become a smaller size, excellent weapon indeed.

Now to the best scenes in the film. This film has many. Not including the action packed, opening 10 minute gang war at the beginning of the film, this movie has a lot of awesome scene involving the Predator. Mainly the subway scene. This is the big scene of the movie. Gang members are pestering the people on the sub, only to discover when they pull out their guns that everyone on the sub has one as well. Knowing this, the Predator tears the roof off of the sub car and begins to kill everyone, a real bloodbath except you can’t really see it because the lights in the train are fading in and out. It’s a real suspenseful scene. Everyone screaming with every now and then flickers of people scene being killed. I love it. This is my favorite scene in the entire movie.

There is another scene when the people trying to capture the Predator try to trap him by luring him to a warehouse full of beef. They also go in the warehouse wearing suits so the Predator can’t see the heat off of their bodies, because that’s the way the Predator can see his prey. Don’t want to say what happens, but lets just say it doesn’t go as planned.

Then there is the fight scene with Danny and the Predator. It goes from the top of the roof, to busting into grandma’s bathroom which is hilarious! The grandma is standing outside of her bathroom listening to the Predator inside. She can hear the growling and says, “Honey, I think there is someone in the bathroom.” All of the sudden she grabs a broom to hit whoever is inside but before that happens the Predator busts through the door and scares her. He then runs into the halls of the apartments. Then Danny is chasing him, so he comes through the bathroom as well. Scaring the woman again. He says “Don’t worry, I’m a cop”. She says, “I don’t think he gives a s***.” This is the funniest thing I’ve seen in a while. It’s hilarious!

Then there is the scene with King Willie, the voodoo gang leader, when he fights the Predator. Let’s just say, it’s a scream!

Finally, the last scene I will mention with out spoiling the entire movie for ya, there is a scene where they going into the Colombian gang leaders room to find skinned bodies everywhere, awesome.

Overall, I say that this movie is awesome, not as good as the first, but pretty darn close.

No question about it, Predator was far superior to Predator 2. It was an action film in the truest form. I liked the second one, especially seeing the other predators at the end.