Sign in to follow this  
cptwright

Q-WHO

i think this was the name of the episode, im probably wrong. anyway im talking about the one that Q sends the enterprise to the borg to show them that their not ready to go into deep space. this was a very good episode, i enjoyed it. it was quite humerous to see the interaction between Q and guinan. was kinda funny seeing the inside of the borg cube and the borg, from back then, compared to the newer episodes of VOYAGER, and the movies. when was this episode released? so what are your thoughts on this episode? did you enjoy it or not?

Q Who is a great episode - one of the best from season 2. It was the 16th episode of the season and originally aired May 8, 1989. It was a fantastic introduction to the Borg and added more to the mystery of Guinan as well. There were hints about her and her species that have never been answered.

Stardate:213444.9

I thought Q who was one of the greatest episodes in TNG.

Great episode.

But, IMO, mostly a great introduction to the Borg, a essential element to the ST universe.

Ahh.. the number of time I did nightmare with Borgs in it.. ehehehe

Q Who is a great episode - one of the best from season 2.  It was the 16th episode of the season and originally aired May 8, 1989.  It was a fantastic introduction to the Borg and added more to the mystery of Guinan as well.  There were hints about her and her species that have never been answered.

You bring up an interesting point, Takara. In Q-Who, you learn a little about Guinan's people and how they were affected by the Borg. You also learn that Guinan has a history with Q. It would have been great to have learned more about Guinan's people.

Q Who is a great episode - one of the best from season 2.  It was the 16th episode of the season and originally aired May 8, 1989.  It was a fantastic introduction to the Borg and added more to the mystery of Guinan as well.  There were hints about her and her species that have never been answered.

You bring up an interesting point, Takara. In Q-Who, you learn a little about Guinan's people and how they were affected by the Borg. You also learn that Guinan has a history with Q. It would have been great to have learned more about Guinan's people.

When Q first appears in Ten Forward with Picard, Q and Guinan have a bit of a stand off that implied that Guinan had some sort of powers that were never elaborated on either. Also Q told Picard that Guinan was not who she appeared to be. All of these things were never mentioned again.

When Q first appears in Ten Forward with Picard, Q and Guinan have a bit of a stand off that implied that Guinan had some sort of powers that were never elaborated on either.  Also Q told Picard that Guinan was not who she appeared to be.  All of these things were never mentioned again.

True, she did seem to hold her own with Q. Also Guinan is at least 500 years old. We find this out in the episode Time's Arrow. She also could of spent some time in the Nexus. Anyway, a lot more could have been done with Guinan.

Her being so mysterious brought intrigue to the character, but i think they could have allowed her to give at least more of a clue about her true nature other than having a feel for the correctness of a timeline and being long lived. Q hopefully did not mean that she looked human, but was not, since we knew that. :grin:

Her being so mysterious brought intrigue to the character, but i think they could have allowed her to give at least more of a clue about her true nature other than having a feel for the correctness of a timeline and being long lived. Q hopefully did not mean that she looked human, but was not, since we knew that.  :grin:

I agree...so much could have been done.. she was so very interesting...

maybe they need to do a movie with more guinan facts, or even a side story about her.

that woulod be really interessting to work in a thing about guinun into the 11th movie. thats a good idea

I really liked Q-who. It was one of my favorite Q episodes, although I love them all. A great introduction for the borg

maybe they need to do a movie with more guinan facts, or even a side story about her.

that woulod be really interessting to work in a thing about guinun into the 11th movie. thats a good idea

Yes, it would be great to see Guinan come back in another movie....more than a cameo, though(Ok, so I know that her appearances could USUALLY count as cameos....but her scenes on the series were definately longer than her appearance in Nemesis)