Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

"Relativity"

I've watched this one dozens of times, it's a pretty good ep.

Tell me what you found interesting, confusing etc and i'll gladly discuss it (without insulting friends :waaaa: )

I have seen this one dozens of times as well. I would definately enjoy a conversation on the episode.

I'll get the ball rolling, what do you all think of the;

Future uniforms

Character play

Utopia planeutia shipyard shots

Future phaser

The general storyline

The out of 10 rating

etc

I didn't really care for the uniforms, personally. I don't know what is was about them...just didnt really click with me. The crew of "Relativity" seemed a little full of themselves. But I guess things like that would happen if you new the future. (Does that make sense?)

Story was a good one. It was however one of the many that seemed to feature on 7 of 9. But that's ok. I don't mind a little Seven in my diet!

I'd say...7. Good writing, good storyline. Not stellar, but definately enjoyable.

is this the one where they took 7of9 out of her time to save voyager? if so i just watched it again tonight, one of the few episodes i like of voyager. i thought the future com badges were pretty cool. it was an interesting episode, and also a bit of a brain twister. i get a migrane thinking about all the time paradox situations. i dont understand how they keep all the people together then reintegrate them. their from different times, if you take one out of their time, arent you changeing the others that come after? also how does taking different time period sevens, more than a few times cause problems physically? i just get a headache thinking about all this. janeway going back and stopping captain whats his name, suddenly all the interference they caused vanished, but now they have three different time period captain whats his names locked up. thats just not right.i can go on, and on, and on, but ill save that for later.

a bit of a brain twister. i get a migrane thinking about all the time paradox situations. i dont understand how they keep all the people together then reintegrate them. their from different times, if you take one out of their time, arent you changeing the others that come after? also how does taking different time period sevens, more than a few times cause problems physically? i just get a headache thinking about all this. janeway going back and stopping captain whats his name, suddenly all the interference they caused vanished, but now they have three different time period captain whats his names locked up. thats just not right.i can go on, and on, and on, but ill save that for later.

Janeway: See you back in the 24th century.

Seven: I look forward to it. Or should I say backward.

Janeway: Don't get started....

That says it all :waaaa:

Time Travel Rules! This was a very good ep..I didnt pay attention much to the future details as I was engrossed into the story, I'd love too see a Star Trek sereis on this aspect even though it would get repetaitive and ST actors wouldn't commit etc etc.

That says it all  :waaaa:

YES THAT DOES SAY IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

I didn't really care for the uniforms, personally. I don't know what is was about them...just didnt really click with me. The crew of "Relativity" seemed a little full of themselves. But I guess things like that would happen if you new the future. (Does that make sense?)

Story was a good one. It was however one of the many that seemed to feature on 7 of 9. But that's ok. I don't mind a little Seven in my diet!

I'd say...7. Good writing, good storyline. Not stellar, but definately enjoyable.

Agreed, though you didn't mention the phasers :waaaa:

That says it all  :laugh:

YES THAT DOES SAY IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

:bow::bow: LOL!!

:waaaa::laugh:

I'll get the ball rolling, what do you all think of the;

Future uniforms

Character play

Utopia planeutia shipyard shots

Future phaser

The general storyline

The out of 10 rating

etc

-uniforms were cool...i noticed that they still use the same pin configuration that star fleet uses in the 24th century...

-it was kinda cool to see the charecters replay themselves from earlier time...janeway with the marge simpson beehive and i like seven in the uniform with no prosthetics...wow..

-utopia planetia..well i was playin video games at the time so i missed it...

-the phasers i noticed looked like the disruptors from the TNG episode where data was kidnapped by a art dealer who had some special super-painful disruptors..

-story line was cool...i was thinking that the relativity may be the only crossover to enterprise besides the borg....due to the temporal cold war and such...

-8/10

How come a time ship didn't go back in time to stop Janeway in Endgame?

Perhaps they just rolled their eyes, sighed and said "Aw hell, she knows what she's doing by now...." :grin:

Or she cut a deal with them...

I loved the future uniforms on the Relativity,I liked them much better than the future uniforms in "Endgame".

I thought the future ship 'Relativity' looked great and I really loved seeing Utopia Planitia.

I really enjoyed this ep and count it as one of my favourites. :o

The U.S.S. Relativity got involved with Voyager becuase the "time bomb" that destroyed Voyager... that wasn't suppose to happen. So, they had to clean up the timeline. However, Admiral Janeway was from 2503, long before the 29th century. This is why she was able to go back to 2377 and change the past without worring about the Relativity and such. By the time the 29th century comes arround, the future Janeway would have allready gotten Voyager home early, and that's how they would have recorded history.

Hope that helps. :o

The U.S.S. Relativity got involved with Voyager becuase the "time bomb" that destroyed Voyager... that wasn't suppose to happen. So, they had to clean up the timeline. However, Admiral Janeway was from 2503, long before the 29th century. This is why she was able to go back to 2377 and change the past without worring about the Relativity and such. By the time the 29th century comes arround, the future Janeway would have allready gotten Voyager home early, and that's how they would have recorded history.

Hope that helps. :o

Agreed, the same goes for the First contact thing.

I love this episode. It was awesome. I have seen it many times in the past. To be honest it was one of Star Trek Voyager's better episodes. :lol:

I love this episode.  It was awesome.  I have seen it many times in the past.  To be honest it was one of Star Trek Voyager's better episodes. :wow:

I agree :lol:

I want to see it again now after reading this thread...*sigh* I wish those DVDs would come out soon....