Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Who is your "Most Admired Woman?"

I didn't necessarily mean these should be public figures. I also expected the sad truth that it is harder for people to think of women that they admire than men - especially if they're going for public personalities. I won't give the names of the women I'm thinking of but I can think of several women I have known that I have admired. In each case they are women who followed through on their commitments and lived lives of principle. A couple were career women and a couple were stay at home moms; it is their character - not worldly success that I admire.

living, i wouldnt be able to go with a public figure, im gonna have to go with my grandmother. she's 81 now, and she had 14 kids, and 3 miscariages. where as she may not have been a perfect mother to her children, and has a few problems in her elder state, she as a SINGLE mother for many years, kept a roof over her childrens head, and kept them fed. growing up all i have are wonderful memories of her, and i think that anyone that gives what she gave to raise sooo many children and then have sooo many grandchildren around, deserves at the least much admiration. she was a lot like a mother to me than a grandmother, and my younger aunts and uncles were much more like brothers, and sisters. i love them all dearly, and i admire my grandma a lot for what she did, and how she raised them mostly on her own.

dead public figure would be princess diana.

My mom. She has done so many amazing things, in '98 she donated her kidney, and a couple years later started training to do the AIDS Ride, a 330 mile, 4 day bicycle ride to raise money for people living with HIV and AIDS. She has also overcome a particularly nasty childhood to help raise a really really amazing family of active peole who love eachother (despite some arguments :waaaa: ) :laugh:

im going to have to agree with fredbroca and trekkiemage:

the woman i admire most is my mom.

i support her in everything.

especially right now since my grandpa just passed away. :grin:

I dont think that I admire any one woman

I look up to many and hope that those around me that are younger admire me for who I am and what I do

im going to have to agree with fredbroca and trekkiemage:

the woman i admire most is my mom.

i support her in everything.

especially right now since my grandpa just passed away.  :grin:

*hugs*

Losing someone is hard, I hope you guys are doing okay!

i admire this girl in my class who has cancer. she goes through a lot but manages to pull through.

Wow! Cancer must be really tough, how's she doing?