Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Klingons

In the Motion picture, they spoke in a strange language, had developed strange ridges, and looked very very dumb. They flew great battle cruisers with orange displays and grubby interiors. They set the tone for the future Klingon! It was a pity that they were not used more in this film, as they were so interesting.

Then we see them again in Search for Spock. We see a mad looking female Klingon, and Krudge and co. An evil madman! Their next usage was in Star Trek 5. By now, after TNG, variances in ridges and outfits were the norm. And we had Captain Klaa, Vixis his female first officer, and the fat General, Koord. They seemed under-developed and at the end, they all had a drink together on the Enterprise. Kirk seemed very unphazed by this. Why? Didn't he hate them?He seemed to have no grievance with them coming on board. Well, this film was rubbish so I wouldnt worry. Imagine that whole Voyage never happened. B)

Star Trek 6 was the best Klingon arc of the movies. They wanted peace! Chancellor Gorkon and his entourage were the most sophisticated Klingons yet. General Chang had an evil sea-dog 'human' quality while Gorkon had the look of Abraham Lincoln. Great costumes and mannerisms, tying in well with the TNG era 'friendly' Klingons. In this film, Kirk is back on form. Damn Klingons. He hates them and this time when they all get drunk together, there are no jokes about lovely muscle tones and whiskey. There is tension and animosity between the crews.

TNG evolved that 1979 'dumb' Klingon into a creature with politics, a culture, and nobility. They had religion, Weapons, hierarchy. The evil rogues of the movies were not gone though. The evil Duras sisters (personally my favourites) had developed throughout TNG and briefly on DS9 as well. Lursa and B'Tor were like the Klingon Patty and Selma and Picard was their Homer. Sensual, driven, they popped up in Generations as part of mad man Soran's ambitions. Here they meet their fate and that is about it. Not a great use but effective none the less. T

he Klingons have been absent now in the last three movies. We have had the Borg, Stretchy Sona and the good old Romulans. Maybe, if there is to be a new movie, we should have the Klingons wreaking havoc again. Some may argue 'let them lie'. But either way, the Klingons have made a valuable contribution to the movies.

You're point is so eloquently put, how could i not agree with you..... but you are right, after spending so much time building them up, they really need to be in the next movie, if there is one. I thought Ent would have had stories involving the klingon's more though. I like the them, due to Worf i think. He showed their more noble, honourable side, which we hadn't seen before. They weren't just mindless savages bent on violence for the sake of it. I, for one would love to see a storyline where they have a major involvement. Here's hoping.....

Agreed I would love to see the Klingons in the next movie as a factor in a Romulan civil war could take place after Nemesis. With the Romulans always sticking their pointy ears into Klingon politics you know that the Klingons would love to return the favour. evilteehee.gif

Star Trek 6 was the best Klingon arc of the movies. They wanted peace! Chancellor Gorkon and his entourage were the most sophisticated Klingons yet. General Chang had an evil sea-dog 'human' quality while Gorkon had the look of Abraham Lincoln. Great costumes and mannerisms, tying in well with the TNG era 'friendly' Klingons. In this film, Kirk is back on form. Damn Klingons. He hates them and this time when they all get drunk together, there are no jokes about lovely muscle tones and whiskey. There is tension and animosity between the crews.

TNG evolved that 1979 'dumb' Klingon into a creature with politics, a culture, and nobility. They had religion, Weapons, hierarchy. The evil rogues of the movies were not gone though. The evil Duras sisters (personally my favourites) had developed throughout TNG  and briefly on DS9 as well. Lursa and B'Tor were like the Klingon Patty and Selma and Picard was their Homer. Sensual, driven, they popped up in Generations as part of mad man Soran's ambitions. Here they meet their fate and that is about it. Not a great use but effective none the less. T

he Klingons have been absent now in the last three movies. We have had the Borg, Stretchy Sona and the good old Romulans. Maybe, if there is to be a new movie, we should have the Klingons wreaking havoc again. Some may argue 'let them lie'. But either way, the Klingons have made a valuable contribution to the movies.

Stardate:213444.9

:waaaa::laugh: Patty and Selma=Lursa and B'Tor :laugh: That was great.Anyways i would love to see another Klingon Movie.

Well, it always depends how they turn the story...

We saw a lot the Klingon on DS9. What was developped in the movie and TNG showed up a lot there.

I don't know if I would like them to be the focal point to another story.. Maybe a part of it tho.

i think that after the peace treaty, klingons are alot less threatening. also, i want the romulans in the next movie. maybe the klingons and romulans can join together and then THAT would be onel heck of a villainy.

Klingons in the next movie....you know that could be good, after all was it not a group of Klingons working secretly with the Romulans in TNG?? That could always be explained more...

I don't know... Their have been several Klingon eps in STNG, STDS9 and a few in VOY and Enterpise. Plus they were in 5 of the 10 movies. I kind of think that perhaps we should steer away from the klingons a while. I think they are cool but I would like time to rediscover just how cool they are. Besides I would love to no more about the Romulans and Remans.