Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

I must be slow

I just realized this site has a chat room thats not just for Trivia, too bad nobody is in it :biggrin:

I just realized this site has a chat room thats not just for Trivia, too bad nobody is in it :biggrin:

315866[/snapback]

The reason nobody is in it is because this site rarely pushes or mentions the chatroom. I am in it just about every night between 5:00 pm and 7:30 pm est. Most evenings you can find several people in there. On weekends, it picks up a bit usually around late afternoon or early evening. I'd love it if the word got around and more people came in.

I believe the chat room is so often un-occupied because we have so many people engaging in chats on the message boards. :biggrin: I know, I'm not totally guiltless either.

Good point. Sometimes you see multiple posts between 2 people on a thread. That sort of thing should go to the chatroom.

I usually log into the chat room while I'm on the boards, there's usually a few people in there.

Good point. Sometimes you see multiple posts between 2 people on a thread. That sort of thing should go to the chatroom.

316007[/snapback]

As long as it's on topic it's not so bad in fact; some of the most fun threads at STFs have been done chat-room style but it gets tiring when it goes off-topic for pages, (and pages) that imo is abusing the loose restrictions we enjoy here.

I have been to a lot of message boards where by something has been discussed between two people, so long as other participants aren't excluded then to me I believe it is ok. Infact I think such discussions can then be linked into other relevant conversations. This maybe the only problem I think we have here, other threads are talked about in a vague way, leaving a person to have to go read it, but I think people can be lazy. So wouldn't it be an idea to link from one thread to another and back again in a thread?

315866[/snapback]

The reason nobody is in it is because this site rarely pushes or mentions the chatroom. I am in it just about every night between 5:00 pm and 7:30 pm est. Most evenings you can find several people in there. On weekends, it picks up a bit usually around late afternoon or early evening. I'd love it if the word got around and more people came in.

315958[/snapback]

Actually for awhile right after the first version of the chatroom was introduced there was a late night chat. Quite a few people, including Mods and Admins(including some Mods before they gained the title). It was held late Saturday/early Sunday morning at 1AM EST. Sometimes it got quite crowded in the chatroom, and most times it was a blast.

The time was chosen because quite a few of us were on the board at the time, and the site went through an update which would take most of the board offline for about half an hour to an hour. The chat could often last for several hours, I think the latest I ever left was 3:30am.

That is an issue with message board chatrooms. Over at Data's old message board there was a chat room, and every Sat at 10pm EST there was a chat(most of us in it belonged both to that board as well as a couple others that we all attended at least for a while). It was crowded for the first month that the chat room was there, but then attendance dwindled until there was only a couple of us there.

I guess it is a situation where you just gotta see what happens. Maybe chatroom activity will pick up. Chatrooms I guess are just a quirky thing *shrug*