Sign in to follow this  
cassidy

HMMM? Doesn't make much sense

A while ago I asked how come the stars on star trek are so small and appear to be bouncing off the ship. I've found out that no, the white glowing dots aren't space junk, they are starts.

I know this cos I was watching DS9 this morning and in an episode (season 7) there was this very smart genetically enhanced girl. When it was time for her to leave the ship, she said "are you going to get me to pack my bags and send me off to one of those specks of lights out there?" and she was pointing to the supposed space junk.

It doesn't make much sense to me...can somebody explain?

A while ago I asked how come the stars on star trek are so small and appear to be bouncing off the ship. I've found out that no, the white glowing dots aren't space junk, they are starts.

I know this cos I was watching DS9 this morning and in an episode (season 7) there was this very smart genetically enhanced girl. When it was time for her to leave the ship, she said "are you going to get me to pack my bags and send me off to one of those specks of lights out there?" and she was pointing to the supposed space junk.

I've never seen then "bounce" off the ship, only streak by. B) Can you ellaborrate?

Stardate:213441.9

I think its has something to with that fact that they are in subspace and not normal space.Im not sure

I've never seen then "bounce" off the ship, only streak by. :waaaa: Can you ellaborrate?

Ditto :laugh:

I would have to agree that it is because they are in subspace when they are in warp. So the view of the objects outside of subspace would be distorted.