Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Picard

A shirt says a lot

Should the kid be allowed to wear the shirt?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should the kid be allowed to wear the shirt?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe.
    • There all stupid.

April 1, 2005

By Ken Schram

SEATTLE - Well, here we go again.

The "Thought Police" have erupted to life in the Snohomish School District.

In their never-ending quest to keep the curtain of political correctness draped around the community, school officials have suspended a student and banned the T-shirt he was wearing. (See story here.

Oh sure, 17-year-old Justin Patrick and his friends have been wearing their "SNOHOS" shirts for quite awhile.

But it's only now that the ever-vigilant "Thought Police" determined that the shirts have a hidden meaning: A slang term for prostitutes that is degrading to women.

Well, I did some checking.

Did you know they actually sell 'hoes' at the local hardware store?

Worse yet, kids have been known to walk around town eating 'Ho-Ho's' purchased at the grocery store.

And I have no idea why Snoho cops didn't arrest that jolly fat guy who wandered through town last December calling out, "Ho Ho Ho."

Isn't that soliciting?

Mind you, the school district has no problem authorizing the sale - right there in the Snoho High School store - of girls' pants that have panther paws imprinted on their butts.

I guess a T-shirt that they believe contains a double entendre is just more than the "Thought Police" can handle.

Sadly, this is just one more, out-of-control example of rampaging political correctness running amok.

And I, for one, think it's nothing short of ho-rific.

Want to share your thoughts with Ken Schram? You can e-mail him at kenschram@komo4news.com

snohos_tshirt_033105.jpg

What do you think?

Edited by Capt_Picard