Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Enterprise Renewed

I recently read a report on a site that due to the overwhelming support by viewers as well as celebrities, such as Brent Spiner and LeVar Burton, Enterprise has been renewed for a fourth season. However, it will be moved to Tuesdays at 8 pm to take advantage of the high viewers of Veronica Mars.

Oh, and by the way:

Click For Spoiler
APRIL FOOLS! :P :P

Click For Spoiler
ROTFLMAO.. Shoots your gonna piss alot of people off.Specially the hard core fans..But i laughed so thats important!

I recently read a report on a site that due to the overwhelming support by viewers as well as celebrities, such as Brent Spiner and LeVar Burton, Enterprise has been renewed for a fourth season.  However, it will be moved to Tuesdays at 8 pm to take advantage of the high viewers of Veronica Mars. 

Oh, and by the way:

Click For Spoiler

314563[/snapback]

Not cool.

Plus Veronica Mars pulls in worse numbers than Enterprise and Enterprise is already in season 4.

A poorly researched April fools joke indeed. I would let it go but you have psychic in your name and all.

Too bad it isn't true, it would have made today my best birthday ever.

Click For Spoiler

314608[/snapback]

I can take joke, but it was poorly executed. I knew it was a joke going in. And by the way I am kidding in my previous post.

You want a good practical joke, here's one from st.com's annual April Fool's Day celebration:

Enterprise Saved ... With Strings Attached

With Star Trek: Enterprise hanging by a veritable thread the last two years, a new direction for the show has recently been unveiled that is being hailed both as a triumph of corporate synergy for the Viacom-owned Paramount Pictures, and a way to keep the show on the air. If you recall news reports from last year, UPN agreed to renew Enterprise for a fourth season in exchange for substantially lowering the license fee it pays to Paramount for the show. In order to remain on the network for a fifth season, the license fee would have to be reduced even more — to a level at which, under normal circumstances, the sci-fi show would be impossible to produce.

Enter the darlings of Viacom-owned Comedy Central, Star Trek fans Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of South Park. Parker and Stone, you may recall, also made Paramount's "Team America: World Police," which ran in theaters last year and comes out on DVD in May. The movie grossed only $50 million worldwide, but it turned a profit for the studio due to its low production budget.

"The pieces fall together brilliantly," said a top Viacom spokesperson. "Matt and Trey take over Enterprise, and it's all done with marionettes! It's like Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet all over. Gerry Anderson, watch out."

The retooled show, under the new name Team Enterprise, will still feature the voice talents of Scott Bakula, Jolene Blalock, and most of the original cast. (Those who are not invited back to voice their character parts due to budget constraints will be invited to write an episode as compensation.)

The actors are excited about the prospect of continuing the show without the hassle of costumes, makeup and 16-hour workdays. "Now I won't have to get to work super early in the morning and sit in a chair for hours and hours getting appliances glued to my face before going on set," said Linda Park. John Billingsley, who was standing nearby, interrupted and pointed out that it was in fact he, not she, who had to suffer that particular indignity. Another actor requested the producers install a high-speed internet connection and a microphone at her house so she could just phone in her performance.

Parker and Stone have already started making a shooting model of the Enterprise NX-01, thus reviving an old Star Trek tradition. "We prefer the look of physical, tangible models over CGI ships any day," Parker said. "Of course, we have no visual effects budget whatsoever, so we won't be painting out the strings. You'll get used to it. Still trying to figure out where to put the propeller."

"We're also gonna re-do the opening title sequence," Stone revealed. "Record a new theme — something bombastic, action-oriented. Y'know, something that isn't, like, totally gay."

These ambitions may put the squeeze on an already bare-bones budget. But the new Trek producers can cut corners by utilizing existing props and sets from "Team America." So don't be surprised if Captain Archer looks suspiciously like Alec Baldwin, Trip Tucker like Matt Damon, Travis Mayweather like Samuel L. Jackson, T'Pol like Janeane Garofalo, and Malcolm Reed like Susan Sarandon. But it's all in good fun and shouldn't cause any more harm to the continuity of Star Trek.

Parker and Stone are looking forward to revealing, once and for all, the identity of "Future Guy": Kim Jong-Il.

That one is really funny :P I'd like to see that version of Enterprise :wink2:

and Malcolm Reed like Susan Sarandon

:P

Sure I didn't know how many seasons of Enterprise were on, but season one was so bad, it doesn't count :P

Did st.com just mention my heros Matt Stone and Trey Parker

OMG:: faints on the floor::

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Edited by Alterego

I can believe that some one would make a post like this for some lol's but as for StarTrek.Com I find it just wrong. There are many things I would like to say, but because people of any age can read this and I also don't want to get on the bad side of the mods I'll just say I will now have my computer friends take down StarTrek.Com for this.

Where have you been,Picard? StarTrek.com does something like this every single year on 4/1. Its a tradition.

One: It was VERY funny

Two: Stone and Parker would make Enterprise FAR better than what it is. I mean even George Lucas can make it better. Just add some Jabba ,Vader and Boba. Add a pinch of Chewy, and stir. Add a side of robots and serve with a Millenuim falcon

MUCH BETTER TREK