Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Quantum Leap

Are u a fan of Quantum Leap or not?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are u a fan of Quantum Leap or not?

• Yes, I a fan of Quantum Leap
    • No, I did not like Quantum Leap
    • I have never seen the show

Stardate:213438.9

Myself i wa a big fan of Quantum Leap, it is what got me into Sci-fi.I was estacit when Dean Stockwell appeared on Enterprise.Al was always my favorite character.

I have never seen it, but this belongs in the HOLODECK. (previously in Off Topic)

Myself i wa a big fan of Quantum Leap, it is what got me into Sci-fi.I was estacit when Dean Stockwell appeared on Enterprise.Al was always my favorite character.

a.jpg

Dean Stockwell

Dean Stockwell was a child star ... Cutie wasn't he ?

I watched it, but not on a regular basis. I liked it, but not as much as Star Trek. B)

I watched it, but not on a regular basis.  I liked it, but not as much as Star Trek. B)

That goes for me as well B)

And me, all you who haven't seen it don't know what you've been missing.

great show, great actors. Lots of humor with Al and Bakula, Sometimes the show even served as a historical background for me when I was younge when it delved into the lives of celebrities and war vets. The show got silly when the Doc was stuck in a body or when they introduced the evil leapers but always tugged at the heart when he tried to get back to his wife..I agree with Fred, the ending was sad, but was nicely done.

I too was a Quantum Leap fan. That was the first time I got an eye full of Hott Scott Bakula. I watched as many episodes as I could, but missed a few, including the ending. What happened?

How Quantum Leap ended -

Click for Spoiler:

Sam leaps into a bar in 1953 on the date of his birth. He looks into a mirror and realizes that he leaped as himself. No one is in the waiting room. The bartender seems to know more about what is going on than he admits.

Sam starts to meet all these people that he has either been before or known before, and they all have names of people he knows, like Ziggy and Gushie. The bar is even called Al's Place.

He helps rescue some miners from a cave-in, and in doing so apparently helps another leaper complete his task. For the first time Sam gets to watch someone else leap.

Sam talks with the bartender some more and accuses him of being the person that has been leaping him around. The bartender says that no, Sam is the one responsible. That he is in control of his own destiny. The bartender implies to Sam that the leaps are going to become much more difficult, and offers him a leap of Sam's choice as a kind of sabatical. He asks Sam where he wants to go.

Sam says that he wants to go home, but he can't, because he let Al down by letting his wife marry someone else while Al was a POW in Nam. He chooses to leap back and tell Beth that Al is going to come home.

The show ends by stating that Beth never remarried and that she and Al now have three daughters. Then words come on the screen that say: "Doctor Samuel Beckett never returned home."

Quantum Leap was an awesome show. I used to watch it every Tuesday afternoon on my C-Band dish before it aired to the general public then on Wed I'd watch it on the network a second time.

Another one I liked (During it's first season) was Sliders. After the first season though I stopped watching.

Awwww!!  That IS sad!!!  Is that final episode available on DVD or download?  I just gotta see it!!

I have it on tape someplace, I'm sure it's on KaZaa for download.

How Quantum Leap ended -

Click for Spoiler:

Sam leaps into a bar in 1953 on the date of his birth.  He looks into a mirror and realizes that he leaped as himself.  No one is in the waiting room.  The bartender seems to know more about what is going on than he admits. 

Sam starts to meet all these people that he has either been before or known before, and they all have names of people he knows, like Ziggy and Gushie.  The bar is even called Al's Place.

He helps rescue some miners from a cave-in, and in doing so apparently helps another leaper complete his task.  For the first time Sam gets to watch someone else leap.

Sam talks with the bartender some more and accuses him of being the person that has been leaping him around. The bartender says that no, Sam is the one responsible.  That he is in control of his own destiny.  The bartender implies to Sam that the leaps are going to become much more difficult, and offers him a leap of Sam's choice as a kind of sabatical.  He asks Sam where he wants to go. 

Sam says that he wants to go home, but he can't, because he let Al down by letting his wife marry someone else while Al was a POW in Nam.  He chooses to leap back and tell Beth that Al is going to come home.

The show ends by stating that Beth never remarried and that she and Al now have three daughters.  Then words come on the screen that say:  "Doctor Samuel Beckett never returned home."

:waaaa: Must...fight...powerful memories..must not show how sad that last show made me..

I loved that show ....I would watch it with my dad.....I will say that my little head typecast "sam" though :waaaa:

:waaaa:I love of Quantum Leap :laugh:

Stardate:213447.1

I just saw the Ending a few days ago.NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO D***IT HOW COULD THEY!!! :laugh::laugh::waaaa: :bangs head against desk and screams:That sucks so much.Now im gonna e depessed for the rest of the day

Yes, I am a fan of the show Quantum Leap. It was a ecellent hour of televison.

I disliked the way they ended the series.

I have it on tape someplace, I'm sure it's on KaZaa for download.

I don't trust KaZaa..I hear it's a petri dish for viruses (or is it virii?)

I always thought that it was a really rather good an funny show. I did not see every single episode, though....

I watched a few episodes, but never really got into it.  A lot of it depended on where he was, or what year he was in.

I agree about the time and place where he was made the difference.. Some shows were better than others just because it was in a time frame I thought was interesting

I watched a few episodes, but never really got into it.  A lot of it depended on where he was, or what year he was in.

I agree about the time and place where he was made the difference.. Some shows were better than others just because it was in a time frame I thought was interesting

That goes triple for me, it depended on whether or not I like the weeks character he was playing or how interesting a situation he had leapt into.