Any AC fans here? I'm 22, so I'm probably one of the youngest fans here (not to offend others :nono: ) Anyway, I've been a fan of his for about 3 or 4 years and I discovered his music by myself, my parents didn't listen to AC at all until I started to now my mom is a big fan. Reversed isn't it? :(

Anyway, how I discovered Alice is that was I was looking around a record store for new music and I found the best of Alice album "Mascare and Monsters". I bought it because I've heard of him before and I wanted to see what his music was like. Changed my life entirely. I have since then become a huge fan buying all of his records and DVDs. I even have the Alice Cooper action figure McFarlene toys put out a few years ago.

I even dressed up as Alice on Halloween of 2001. I went into a Chinese restaurant wearing the make-up and the asians that worked there loved it. They kept bringing people out of the kitchen just to see my face with the Cooper make-up. I doubt they knew who I was trying to look like, but they still got a kick out of a guy wearing make up over his eyes and sides of his lips. I even had a fake snake that I had wrapped around chest and neck so people who knew what Alice was knew that's who I was dressed up like.

A college student caught on to who I was and really dug my costume.

I love his old and new stuff. Can't wait for his next album that he's already working on.

Anyway, is anyone else here a fan?

I'm a HUGE Alice Cooper fan. I've seen every one of his concerts since the "Welcome To My Nightmare" tour in the mid-1970s. In fact, I just bought tickets to see him when he comes to Northern Virginia in August. If you ever have the opportunity to see him live, don't pass it up. Its a great show. By the way, I've done many of the things you have as well. Eons ago, I dressed up like Alice at a Halloween party and I also have the McFarlane dolls.

I've never had a chance to go to one of his concerts yet. I had to settle for the next best thing, concert DVDs. :nono: I've got the Brutally Live and Welcome To My Nightmare concert DVDs.

My favorite thing in my Alice collection is the movie "Monster Dog" in which he stars. It's a ultra rare movie to find but I found it at an old video store a few years ago and the lady that owned the place was nice enough to sell it to me for $5. He does two songs in that movie

"Identity Crisis" and "See Me In The Mirror"(I think that's the name of that song)

Very cool, even has the video for IC at the start and end of the movie. Cool songs.

As far as favorite songs go, I have too many to list.

I'm also a fan of Alice. I also saw the "Welcome to my Nightmare" concert back in the 70"s.

Alice now-a-days does a live syndicated radio show that features classic rock. I work for a radio station in North Carolina which is part of a 4 station company and our classic rock station has Alice on Monday thru Friday from 7:00 to midnight.

I like that song too. Some of my favorites off the top of my head would be

Escape

Department of Youth

Cold Ethyl

Clones (We’re All)

Simple Disobedience

Poison

Trash

I’m Eighteen

I Never Cry

Feed My Frankenstein

Teenage Frankenstein

Only Women Bleed

House of Fire

Stolen Prayer

Trick Bag

On the Inside

And the newer stuff would be things like

Brutal Planet

Wicked Young Man

Pick Up the Bones

Novocaine

Man of the Year

Cold Machines

The list just goes on and on, so many great songs.

Check out the back-up singers on the Muscle Of Love cd. They include Liza Minelli and the Pointer Sisters. Who would've thunk it?...lol

I don't think they did but anything's possible. I have every Alice album ever made and I don't recall Ozzy on any of them

I just scored 3 tickets to the Alice Cooper/Cheap Trick show in Virginia in August..........WHOO HOO!

yes Alice and Ozzy did do a song together. Listen to the song "Hey Stoopid" (I believe he spells it that way)

Here's the part he's on

Alice: This ain't your daddy talking

Ozzy: you know, I know

Alice: Your story ain't so shocking

Ozzy: you know, I know

He's on that part, but yes they did that song. Listen to that part and you'll hear his voice, they are very good friends

For criminal acts and violence on the stage

For being a brat, refusing to act your age

For all of the decent citizens you've enraged

You...can...go...to...HELL!

Thats a great cd. Alice's new cd is really good too. Its called "The Eyes Of Alice Cooper". I listened to it twice and really like it.

I like that CD too, it took a while to get used to it after going from Dragontown to this, but I really do like it now.

Man of the Year and Novacaine are my two favorite songs on the album. I like The Song That Didn't Ryme as well. I can't wait to get his next one he is currently working on. :dude:

I don't think he's coming to Georgia this year, but if he does, I may go. If I have money at the time :dude: I have been a fan ever since 2001 and I've never had the chance to see him in concert yet. I need to go before he retires! :dude: But I don't think that will happen for at least 10 or 15 more years. Look at Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones, they are still singing after all of these years, so a good chance Coop will as well :dude:

I don't think he's coming to Georgia this year, but if he does, I may go. If I have money at the time :dude:  I have been a fan ever since 2001 and I've never had the chance to see him in concert yet. I need to go before he retires! :dude: But I don't think that will happen for at least 10 or 15 more years. Look at Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones, they are still singing after all of these years, so a good chance Coop will as well :dude:

320888[/snapback]

Alice will be playing in Atlanta,Georgia on 8/26/2005 at the Chastain Park Amphitheatre. QUICK! GET TICKETS!

I do not know too much in the way of Alice's music.. or if I do, I just never knew who was singing it.

But one I do like, and it is a song that my mother likes a lot is "Only Women Bleed"

Oh, and then of course there is "School's Out"

Edited by Yillara_Soong

This is the time of year where Schools Out gets played almost non-stop...lol

321693[/snapback]

True.. I think I heard it played on one of the stations available at my old job today.

Alice Cooper Gets Key to Namesake City

AP

ALICE, N.D. (May 15) - The key to this city, with just a feed store, fire hall and a bar, won't open much for rock legend Alice Cooper .

Officials from this town of about 60 people presented the aging shock rocker with a marble plaque and a gold-plated key Sunday to commemorate Cooper's visit to the city that bears his name.

"There's not a whole lot of buildings to unlock with that key," Mayor Dan Lund said. "But Alice is a cool guy and Alice is a cool city - so it's a fun thing to do."

Cooper arrived in Alice the day before he was scheduled to perform at the Fargo Civic Center. About 1,000 people cheered as his limo rolled into the town, one of several in southeast North Dakota named for the daughters of a railroad surveyor.

"This is bigger than if the governor was coming out here," Councilman Ron Mulder said.

Mulder and his wife, Jill, contacted Cooper's manager a few weeks ago about coming to Alice.

"He shook hands and signed autographs," Jill Mulder said. "He was here 30 minutes tops but it was well worth it. He was grateful."

Lund said the city had not seen so much excitement - or people - since the town's centennial celebration in 2000. But Lund, who at 58 is the same age as Cooper, said he prefers country music.

"He rocked a little too hard for me," the mayor said. "I wasn't quite angry enough to be into his music."

Rock On, Alice!... :laugh: