Sign in to follow this  
Angela

Ghosts

There have been signs that prove there is a phenomena, localised area temp drops and we are talking corners of room not entire room. Strange amounts of EM readings in specific areas. There are scientfiv things.

the reason that it looks like a shell is because the brain is dead. nothing in the body works once the brain is dead, even the spark that you see in people's eyes. time ceases once you die. nothing happens after that. you die, and you don't float up into the sky.

315239[/snapback]

Chi, My Dad died 3 years ago.

The phenom's I've experienced have made me believe in spirits, and not an afterlife, but actually a return to where we are REALLY from.

Once you've come across a child who is singing songs, and laughing with someone you don't see, and they say they are playing with Papa, well it's makes your skin chill and your heart warm.

To lose someone you love is like nearly dieing yourself.

I take great comfort in the fact that I know my Dad is there when I need him and when I don't.

I have soooooo many stories I could share that have convinced me that there is another "dimension" that is with us, and we don't even know it.

you implied that you do there is nothing left. nothing no consciousness, now you say there is an afterlife which implies that there is something left after death, can't be two ways about it.

Why argue about this?

People believe what they choose to believe - no one is going to change their mind.

But it would be nice if people would quality their opinions as opinions rather than suggest they are facts that we should all believe.

Here's an interesting tidbit - I did find on the urban legend website that there really was a study done to see if the body loses weight at the moment of death (implying a spirit leaving the body). And it did show a loss in body weight. The actual design of the study was okay but it was limited to just a couple of trials and it was a long time ago. Ethics more than any thing else have kept it from being repeated. Only if it is done again in more controlled circumstances can we really know the answer to that question.

The russians I do know have done a small study into similar things they showed that a few hours after death, the body gave of what appears to be a flare of energy, it was picked up by accident, which led to the study. most bodies do this.

I like to read books about children and their near death experiences.

The one that comes to mind most is of a girl who was drowning in a very dark water. And those in her boating party were frantically looking for her, when they saw a bright light in the water. She was saved, but she did have a ND experience.

She talked of walking into a white light full of love and of then being sharply pulled back into her body.

Interpret anyway you like it, but she thinks that they saw the white light in the water. :P

To lose someone you love is like nearly dieing yourself. 

Very true. I an agree with that statement, especially with three of my four grandparents and my great aunt. It is rough even if it is not someone you per se love but have become really good friends with (I lost a very good friend of mine in our Senior year of HS.. he suffered a brain aneurism while driving and his van struck a tree. this happened only two and a half months after I lost my grandmother on my mom's side), as well as a former teammate of mine to a car crash. Pets are pretty much on this level too.. though people tend to separate them in a separate discussion.

As for the subject of ghosts and/or spirits. I am a bit of a believer. I feel as if they may be present. My grandparents' house here in town is or at least was part of the Ghost Tours(contains sites around town and homes that are haunted, and the stories are shared by the guides). I grew up around this house, and yeah it felt as if something/someone was present... but she was not trouble to pretty much anyone(no not a spirit of my grandmother, this was someone who owned the house prior to my mom's family moving in. I always felt as if this person was friendly..at least to a lot of us in the family).

Whether or not it is considered fact by some.. that is not something I worry about. I believe in spirits/ghosts, though I also like being heavily scientific at the same time(yes I know, that is often contradictory)....and I know that there are many that do not.

Edited by Yillara_Soong