Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holland

Star Trek & Star Wars in a single movie?

Peregrines would win.

X-Wings aside from Wedge and Luke were wasted by TIE fighters, which themselves have no shields.

343413[/snapback]

*Yoda voice*..Lost this topic is...open up a can of whoop *** would Starwars on Startrek....judge me by my size do you?starwarsyoda1mm.gif

Of course Peregrine would win! I wouldn't have it in my sig if it would fall apart would I? Though against a few squads of TIEs...

I'm going to have to stick by hangon in this one. No force stands a chance against the mighty Empire. Long live the Empire!

StarDestroyers are big and cumbersome.

A few Defiant Class starships would fly close to the SD's and weaken them until they either crippled or destroyed them.

342858[/snapback]

A few Defiant-class ships versus a single ship that has individual weapon emplacements numbering in the hundreds, if not thousands... Sorry, but no.

A few Defiant-class ships versus a single ship that has individual weapon emplacements numbering in the hundreds, if not thousands... Sorry, but no.

A few Y-Wings, X-Wings and B-Wings were able to take out a Star Destroyer in Return Of The Jedi.

A Defiant Class starship has far more weaponary and armour than those little fighters.

Edited by HRH The KING

B, X, and Y wings... really didn't have any good names did they. Anyways, the power of Defiant Class is great and from what I was forced to watch of Star Wars at an early age... Star Trek could kick but with 10 NX-01s!

Uhh Picard, you do realise that the NX class was completely outgunned by nearly every alien species they encountered. To bring down a Star Destroyer, just send in a fleet like Starfleet had to retake DS9 or engage Cardassia Prime. That way there would be no chance of the Star Destroyer getting the upper hand based on more weapons.

A few Y-Wings, X-Wings and B-Wings were able to take out a Star Destroyer in Return Of The Jedi.

A Defiant Class starship has far more weaponary and armour than those little fighters.

343445[/snapback]

More like the majority of the Rebel fleet attacking the Super Star Destroyer (I'm guessing that's the one you're talking about?). Remember, Admiral Ackbar ordered the fleet to concentrate all fire on the SSD. Seriously, how would you expect a few small fighter to take out a 14 kilometer long ship? Even the smaller ISDs are almost 2 kilometers long!

More like the majority of the Rebel fleet attacking the Super Star Destroyer (I'm guessing that's the one you're talking about?).

Remember, Admiral Ackbar ordered the fleet to concentrate all fire on the SSD. Seriously, how would you expect a few small fighter to take out a 14 kilometer long ship? Even the smaller ISDs are almost 2 kilometers long!

Not quite.

When he says that line, in the window you can see a StarDestroyer explode.

Later, once a small A-Wing crashes into the bridge of the SSD, they lose control of it and it crashes into the Death Star.

I'm pretty certain that a squad of Defiants could take out a SD and the Federation Fleet firing all their weapons at the SSD bridge would be enough.

More like the majority of the Rebel fleet attacking the Super Star Destroyer (I'm guessing that's the one you're talking about?).

Remember, Admiral Ackbar ordered the fleet to concentrate all fire on the SSD. Seriously, how would you expect a few small fighter to take out a 14 kilometer long ship? Even the smaller ISDs are almost 2 kilometers long!

Not quite.

When he says that line, in the window you can see a StarDestroyer explode.

Later, once a small A-Wing crashes into the bridge of the SSD, they lose control of it and it crashes into the Death Star.

I'm pretty certain that a squad of Defiants could take out a SD and the Federation Fleet firing all their weapons at the SSD bridge would be enough.

343643[/snapback]

An ISD exploding outside the window while he's saying the line proves absolutely nothing, beyond that an ISD exploded.

Also, it still took the majority of the fleet, including most of the heavy cruisers, to take out the SSD's shields, which made it possible for an out-of-control A-wing to be able to smash into the bridge in the first place. If the SSD hadn't already lost shields and taken a lot of damage, the A-wing would've been nothing.

Consider this... The Death Star can destroy an entire planet with a single shot. The Death Star was stated as having half the power of the combine Imperial starfleet. That means the the Imperial starfleet has the combined power to destroy two planet simutaneously. A couple ISDs could completely frag the crust of a planet in just an hour or two. But it would've taken a fleet of several dozen Cardassian and Romulan warships about eight hours to completely devestate the crust of a planet. Which means that two ISDs can do what several dozen Trek warships can do, and faster.

Click For Spoiler
An ISD exploding outside the window while he's saying the line proves absolutely nothing, beyond that an ISD exploded.

Well I'm pretty sure it was the Rebels who blew it up. Unless an inept Imperial officer accidentally pressed the "DESTROY SHIP" button.

Also, it still took the majority of the fleet, including most of the heavy cruisers, to take out the SSD's shields, which made it possible for an out-of-control A-wing to be able to smash into the bridge in the first place. If the SSD hadn't already lost shields and taken a lot of damage, the A-wing would've been nothing.

Yes and Starfleet and the other major powers in Star Trek have large fleets too. I'm sure they could take out an ISD or a SSD. Moreso if the Borg were involved too, and Species 8472. On the same side of course.

Consider this... The Death Star can destroy an entire planet with a single shot. The Death Star was stated as having half the power of the combine Imperial starfleet.

Yes but the Death Star has the most ludicrous weakness. One of the Star Trek races would figure it out and waste the Death Star.

That means the the Imperial starfleet has the combined power to destroy two planet simutaneously. A couple ISDs could completely frag the crust of a planet in just an hour or two. But it would've taken a fleet of several dozen Cardassian and Romulan warships about eight hours to completely devestate the crust of a planet. Which means that two ISDs can do what several dozen Trek warships can do, and faster.

Yeah but it only took eight little 8472 bioships and an amplifier vessel to wipe out a Borg planet. They could wipe the floor with the Death Star, the ISD's and the SSD.

Well I'm pretty sure it was the Rebels who blew it up. Unless an inept Imperial officer accidentally pressed the "DESTROY SHIP" button.

That's beside the point. According to you, it happened while the order to attack the SSD was given, not after.

Yes and Starfleet and the other major powers in Star Trek have large fleets too. I'm sure they could take out an ISD or a SSD. Moreso if the Borg were involved too, and Species 8472. On the same side of course.

The opening post in the thread speaks of the Federation versus the Empire. Not everyone else versus the Empire. Also, the Federation doesn't have a fleet anywhere near the size of the Imperial starfleet. The Federation is 8,000 or 10,000 light-years across at the widest spot. The Empire spans and entire galaxy (which is 20,000 light-years wider than our own).

Consider this... The Death Star can destroy an entire planet with a single shot. The Death Star was stated as having half the power of the combine Imperial starfleet.

Yes but the Death Star has the most ludicrous weakness. One of the Star Trek races would figure it out and waste the Death Star.

The Rebels found out because they stol the DS plans. There's not gaurantee that anyone from Trek can do the same.

That means the the Imperial starfleet has the combined power to destroy two planet simutaneously. A couple ISDs could completely frag the crust of a planet in just an hour or two. But it would've taken a fleet of several dozen Cardassian and Romulan warships about eight hours to completely devestate the crust of a planet. Which means that two ISDs can do what several dozen Trek warships can do, and faster.

Yeah but it only took eight little 8472 bioships and an amplifier vessel to wipe out a Borg planet. They could wipe the floor with the Death Star, the ISD's and the SSD.

343683[/snapback]

Again, Feds versus Imps, not Imps versus everyone else. Otherwise, I'd agree.

Sorry about the format errors, I couldn't seem to get everything right... :cheers::tear:

Click For Spoiler
That's beside the point. According to you, it happened while the order to attack the SSD was given, not after.

Yes, Ackbar ordered them to focus their efforts on the SSD. But an ISD was shown exploding in the window. So either the whole Rebel fleet was attacking that particular vessel (which Starfleet would do too) or it was destroyed by fighters (which the Defiants would also do).

The opening post in the thread speaks of the Federation versus the Empire. Not everyone else versus the Empire. Also, the Federation doesn't have a fleet anywhere near the size of the Imperial starfleet. The Federation is 8,000 or 10,000 light-years across at the widest spot. The Empire spans and entire galaxy (which is 20,000 light-years wider than our own).

Meh, the Empire was Darth Vader and Darth Sidious. Take those two out and the Empire falls. (I'm only referring to the movies, not the EU). Most of the Imperial worlds were probably subject to fear so once the two Sith were eliminated, then the Empire would most likely begin to crumble from within.

The Rebels found out because they stol the DS plans. There's not gaurantee that anyone from Trek can do the same.

I'm pretty certain that Starfleet would be resourceful enough to scan the Death Star and find the blatant weak spot, or Section 31 would come up with something special.

Again, Feds versus Imps, not Imps versus everyone else. Otherwise, I'd agree.

Well the Federation wouldn't want to destroy entire planets. Cripple and destroy the Death Stars and the Empire is history. As for the Sith, using SW logic one would have turned on the other and killed them. In ST logic one shot to the Emperor's tower on the DS and both are wasted.

343643[/snapback]

I've never really understood that. The A-Wing crashes into the bridge and the SSD sinks like the Titanic and crashes into the Death Star. Why would destroying the bridge cause it to suddenly drop like that? This is space, not the ocean. And don't they have any type of shielding on a ISD or SSD? A little ship like an A-Wing would bounce off the shields of a larger Federation starship, wouldn't it?

Well, if the A wing could adjust it's shield frequency to match the Federation starships, it could be like the Odyssey and the Jem"Hadar attack ship.

I'm going to have to stick by hangon in this one. No force stands a chance against the mighty Empire. Long live the Empire!

At last..someone who understands the true power of the darkside!!starwarsemperor1yz.gif

I can see your point King,SW ships are weak and your reasoning is strong but everyone is still over looking the fact that star treks biggest flaw is..View screens...like i said before Vader or palpatine could death choke the whole Fed council threw a view screen :cheers: ...or just imagen Picard hailing Vader and asking him to lower his shields on his Star destroyer....threw a view screen :tear: ....starwarsdeathstar26sw.gif

Quote palpatine ROTJ...."Your fleet is lost" :tear:

343643[/snapback]

I've never really understood that. The A-Wing crashes into the bridge and the SSD sinks like the Titanic and crashes into the Death Star. Why would destroying the bridge cause it to suddenly drop like that? This is space, not the ocean. And don't they have any type of shielding on a ISD or SSD? A little ship like an A-Wing would bounce off the shields of a larger Federation starship, wouldn't it?

343808[/snapback]

Maybe it seemed to sink from the camera angle's perspective? Also the second Death Star was 160 km in diamter, it's possible that it actually exerted a gravitational pull on it.

As for shields, yes, ISDs and SSDs both have shields. However, if you read the novelisation to Return of the Jedi (novelisations of the movies, along with the scripts to the movies and the movies themselves, make up the highest form of canon according to Star Wars canon policy), by the time the attack on the SSD was ordered it had already taken a beating and had lost its shields, and the attack was to finally remove it as a threat.

Well Hang, I know what you mean about the Force Choke, but think about this, Wesley Crusher could stop all time with a mere thought. As ridiculous as it seems.

So setting aside the mystical elements, I still say that Starfleet would be able to defeat the Empire.

Aside from Darth Vader and Darth Sidious, the other Imperial Officers seem pretty inept so I just don't think they'd be able to handle Starfleet.

Well Hang, I know what you mean about the Force Choke, but think about this, Wesley Crusher could stop all time with a mere thought. As ridiculous as it seems.

So setting aside the mystical elements, I still say that Starfleet would be able to defeat the Empire.

Aside from Darth Vader and Darth Sidious, the other Imperial Officers seem pretty inept so I just don't think they'd be able to handle Starfleet.

343857[/snapback]

B) Tssss Please anything but that little git,he couldnt stop a mini with a tank even if the world depended on it :P :tear: ..but yeah i suppose he could...wow a mad thought just hit me..Drone Stormtroopers :cheers::tear: