Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holland

Star Trek & Star Wars in a single movie?

I know it would be impossible, since Trek is Paramount, and Wars is Fox, but wouldn't it be cool if they made a movie where Starfleet and the Empire battle it out?

I think it would.

Who do you think would win?

The federation is a little more advanced, but the Empire has the force on their side.

What type of premise could be used to get them in the same time period? Star Trek is our future and Star Wars is a long time ago in a galaxy far away.

Well, like in Star Trek when people go back and forth in time or to alternate dimentions, maybe someone could go way way into the past? And different galaxies, come on, Trek has been there and back again. So not really all of Starfeet could go back in time but probably a ship. Depending on who's ship it is, what side they get on, the crew of the ship, and the power and type of the ship will we see who wins the battle.

I suppose that if a fleet of Starfleet vessels encountered a fleet of Star Destroyers, while a tough call I got to give an advantage to the Empire. I know that their ships are larger and just a feeling I guess. It would be a heck of a fight though.

Does Star Wars even have shields? I haven't seen anything that points to that, then again, I haven't been a huge Star Wars fan at all, more like a casual watcher. If the Empire doesn't have shields, then I think Starfleet would have a huge tactical advantage. Starfleet has destroyed Borg vessels and faced down the Dominion, so I think the Empire would be no challenge.

Yes, Star Wars has shield. From what I can remember off the top of my head, In ESB the Millenium Falcon was getting bombarded by SSD and if they got one more hit to the forward shields they would be destroyed; In TPM the Destroyer droids had personal shields; In ROTJ the Death Star had a shield around it being projected by the base on Endor...

Check this out!

BTW, this is from

Click For Spoiler

Star_Wars_vs_Star_Trek_in_Five_Minutes.doc

312501[/snapback]

Well, I already knew that the site was horribly biased, but I decided to read a little into it anyway. I got to the third paragraph before I stopped. This guy defines Star Trek vs Star Wars as Federation vs Empire. THAT'S NOT WHAT STAR TREK VS STAR WARS IS! If it was Federation vs Empire, everyone would be debating just that. But no! Everyone debates EVERYTHING in Star Trek vs EVERYTHING in Star Wars. THink of it... This guy says that Star Trek must be about the Federation, because the majority of Star Trek revolves around the Federation. Okay, that makes a bit of sense. But then he assumes that the same applies to Star Wars and the Empire... But wait! Star Wars does NOT revolve mostly around the Empire. I revolves mostly around the Rebellion. Then he says that changing the subject away from Federation vs Empire is the same as admitting the the Empire would automatically win, though he neglects to say that forcing the debate to stay among the Federation and the Empire makes it impossible for the Star Trek universe to win, given the immense size of the Empire over the relatively puny size of the Federation.

And that's all after the third paragraph....

Edited by wishfire

If You Really Pay Attention, You Can See That The Technology In Star Wars Has Been Around For Eons, Not A Few Centuries.

Almost The Entire Galaxy Has Been Mapped And Is Under One Ruling Party...Almost All.

But Then..If You Look At Both Closely...Some Trek Stuff Is Better, Some Wars Stuff Is Better.

Mebbe Q would join Starfleet and .... well, know what would happen next. I'm trying to imagine Palpatine as Sheriff of Nottingham.

What type of premise could be used to get them in the same time period? Star Trek is our future and Star Wars is a long time ago in a galaxy far away.

312372[/snapback]

That's pretty easy. Q could simply merge the two universes by whatever plot convinient method works best for his own amusement.

It seems evident to me that the Empire wouldn't stand a chance against the Federation. Four Star Destroyers were unable to apprehend one crummy corelian freighter (Millennium Falcon) and a small handful of rebel fighters were able to destroy the Empire's "Ultimate Weapon".

Kirk or Picard could have figured out the Deathstar's weakness (with the help of Spock/Data and the ships scanners) and done essentially the same with a well placed Photon Torpedo. Tom Paris could have matched Luke Skywalker's performance in the Delta Flyer and he wouldn't need the Force, either.

The Empire's ships seem very poorly constructed compared to Star Fleet vessals. Han Solo is able to trick an entire fleet of Imperial Cruisers just by hiding on one of them...something that would never work on a Star Fleet ship.

The Empire's vessals also seem very poor at maneuvering. Granted this could simply be because of their size, but a Federation fleet would buzz the larger Imperial ships like raptors attacking a wounded elephant. Phasers would make short work of Imperial fighters, which would not be able to penetrate Federation shields.

The Federation would also be able to beam security troops to the enemy Imperial ships and take them over with ease...

So much for the "mighty" Galactic Empire. :lol:

Edited by Validus

I would say it would be even, but most likely "if" Q had anything to do with it... Picard, Riker, or Janeway would be in command of the Starfleet forces so that would mean bye bye empire!

The might of the Federation Starfleet is insignificant next to the Power of the Force!

:lol:

341661[/snapback]

How would you know? As you said, you know very little about Trek.

The Force???

Yoda couldn't even detect that Palpatine was evil even when he was sitting across the table from him.

The Jedi???

Wiped out by one little snot who missed his mommy.

The Death Stars???

Destroyed by Rebel ships exploiting dumb weaknesses.

The Sith???

Wiped out by one guy with a mullet and another who was half-man half-black leather.

The Federation would win :lol:

:lol: I took a guess!

Actually,if Seven Of nine would slip on Princess Leia's "slave girl" outfit from ROTJ,I could be persuaded to watch more Star Trek....

The might of the Federation Starfleet is insignificant next to the Power of the Force!

:dude:

341661[/snapback]

Really...

Well, the Power of the Force in insignificant next to the ham-fisted script writing abilities of George Lucas. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:flowers:

341661[/snapback]

I'll look at the whole thing as in THE WHOLE STAR TREK UNIVERSE vs THE WHOLE STAR WARS UNIVERSE.

Therefore the might of the Power of the Force is nothing compared to the cruel amusement of Q. Q'll certainly enjoy himself there. That's why I like him so much.

I'd like to know the Borg vs the force. ... What about the Species running amok in the death star.

I still think Captain Q of Starfleet would the flawless winning factor.

The Force???

Yoda couldn't even detect that Palpatine was evil even when he was sitting across the table from him.

The Jedi???

Wiped out by one little snot who missed his mommy.

The Death Stars???

Destroyed by Rebel ships exploiting dumb weaknesses.

The Sith???

Wiped out by one guy with a mullet and another who was half-man half-black leather.

The Federation would win  :flowers:

341668[/snapback]

What about the entire Imperial fleet?

The Federation would win. Tactically they seem superior in military matters.

312382[/snapback]

Sorry King old friend but i dont agree..IMO a Star Destroyer would total a Fed ship in one shot..plus the fact the Empire has more ground troops and ships then the Fed and Dominion and the Romulans put together...and then who could forget the Death star.. bye bye starfleetstarwarsdeathstar26sw.gif:flowers: no that would be a bad day at the office for the Federationstarwarstiebomber6kw.gif .

Edited by hangon

312372[/snapback]

That's pretty easy. Q could simply merge the two universes by whatever plot convinient method works best for his own amusement.

It seems evident to me that the Empire wouldn't stand a chance against the Federation. Four Star Destroyers were unable to apprehend one crummy corelian freighter (Millennium Falcon) and a small handful of rebel fighters were able to destroy the Empire's "Ultimate Weapon".

Kirk or Picard could have figured out the Deathstar's weakness (with the help of Spock/Data and the ships scanners) and done essentially the same with a well placed Photon Torpedo. Tom Paris could have matched Luke Skywalker's performance in the Delta Flyer and he wouldn't need the Force, either.

The Empire's ships seem very poorly constructed compared to Star Fleet vessals. Han Solo is able to trick an entire fleet of Imperial Cruisers just by hiding on one of them...something that would never work on a Star Fleet ship.

The Empire's vessals also seem very poor at maneuvering. Granted this could simply be because of their size, but a Federation fleet would buzz the larger Imperial ships like raptors attacking a wounded elephant. Phasers would make short work of Imperial fighters, which would not be able to penetrate Federation shields.

The Federation would also be able to beam security troops to the enemy Imperial ships and take them over with ease...

So much for the "mighty" Galactic Empire. :flowers:

341593[/snapback]

In responce I will simply refer you to my above post.

The weapons on a Star Destroyer are pathetic. Even the Millennium Falcon was able to withstand a direct hit from a Star Destroyer with minimal damage. An ordinary Constitution Class Federation starship (with shields capable of withstanding The Doomsday Machine repeatedly) would make short work of the large but inferior Imperial Cruiser.

Game Over.

Edited by Validus

StarDestroyers are big and cumbersome.

A few Defiant Class starships would fly close to the SD's and weaken them until they either crippled or destroyed them.

Imperial Stormtroopers couldn't hit a bantha at point blank range.

It only took ONE little X-Wing firing just TWO torpedoes to destroy the First Death Star and a beaten up old freighter to destroy the Second Death Star.

With the Federation's tactics, the experience of the Klingons, the cunning of the Romulans and the suicide tactics of the Jem Hadar, Star Wars would have no chance.

Logic nothing :P ...darth Vader or palpatine would just need to speak to them via a view screen and do the death choke like Vader did to Ozzel in ESB...game over :lol:...think about it..the Fed and almost everyone else in the trek universe use view screens :P

King is r... ri... right! Besides... we all now how it would all end up anyways. One big party at the end and Tom being in big trouble!

It would be interesting to see a Peregrine class starships face off against TIE fighters or X wings.