Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anslem1701

Anslem1701's Personal Log

So this is a personal log. Wow, I don't know how personal I want to get, except that this looks like a good place to start a blog. People who have the same ideas and all sharing thoughts on your life. Sure, why not.

Today was a long day at work. Since I'm a church organist, and it's Palm Sunday, I had to be there really early, though I don't think I woke up until half way through my prelude -- and I think you could tell by listening... :angry:

And when that was over, I had to practice this violin solo with a violinist who happens to be a little -- well, older -- and maybe deaf by now -- all for Maundy Thursday. That took a good hour of my time, him telling me where the ritardandos and rallentandos and crescendos were even though I know for a fact he could barely hear me. I know it's ruse to judge him on that. I've played many pieces with him since I started there a few years ago, and they've all turned out fine, but I've also had more than one rehersal with him on those ocassions. This time I don't.

Then I came home for 30 minutes, changed, got to work (my real job), spent the day there until 11:30 at night and came home to a bunch of beer to forget it all and try again tomorrow.

Holy Week's great, unless you're a church employee I think. I love playing for people, and I love the fellowship, and yes, I believe in it all, but it's so much work as a musician/accompanist during the week -- I have a session with a trumpet player this Wednesday that I've never met, and I don't even know what he's playing for Easter Sunday. What if he picks out some insane Bach piece I've never seen, and he expects me to learn it in 3 days?

Anyway, enough whining. I'm basically happy, except for all that. I'm going to finish my beer and call it a night. And yes, I do love to read my own words, which is why I type so much. TV Chyron operator who's a pianist and who's grandmother and aunt were court reporters. What can I say. My fingers move fast...HA!

That hangover thing is bad. Kids, don't drink and expect to wake up the next morning ready to go to work. In the words of the great Captain Kirk, "I'm gonna get a pot of black coffee..." (I think it was Kirk in VI -- anyway).

Here we go, another day. My Friday actually, everyone's Monday. It really throws me off, especially since everyone's working when I'm off.

Coffee's done - laters...