Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Farts

Why do guys laugh at Farts and Women find it disgusting, I mean Everyone farts I dont Know why I find it so funny

It is a natural function.. so I have no idea why, except that a lot of girls are taught that passing gas in any way is unlady-like and is "disgusting" :P

Boys find farts funny at an early age.

It starts when potty humor begins, at about age 5 and they never seem to outgrow it.

I have older brothers, and they were taught, like my sisters and I, that it's natural to pass gas, just leave the room if you can so you don't gas the entire family.

I think it depends on how your father handles it.

To this day I can't think of my Dad ever doing that in front of us. Nor swear, or adjust himself [i really hate that], or even blow his nose at the dinner table.

It's just good manners NOT to do it in front of others.

It's just good manners NOT to do  it in front of others.

311030[/snapback]

Very true. I mean, if it does happen in public though.. I have always thought it better to basically laugh it off versus what a lot of girls(mainly) and some women do and that is act completely disgusted and make remarks on how nasty it was and if a woman was the one who passed it then they go on to say something akin to "Women are NOT supposed to do THAT!! That is gross and unladylike" My own mother has had this said to her on the occasion she let a burp slip, and a friend of mine happened to pass a little gas and had something almost identical said to her.

Why I say laughing it off is better is that there is a lot of stuff to find funny and unless you announce "HAHAHA you FARTED!!!" who the heck is going to know what you are laughing about unless they heard it too? But getting all grossed out and making a formal announcement on a person(regardless of gender)'s bad manners and how disgusting...only draws attention to the gas passer/belcher and makes the situation worse.

The normal person farts about 15 times a day and most of that is while sleeping. In my family when some one lets one you better run for it, but I really don't find that funny. And the worse time to fart is in the middle of a test.

Worse than that is sneezing and farting at the same time, it takes a lot outta you. :look:

311380[/snapback]

I think Kor37 beat you on this "worse than".

That's the most embarrassing situation. :angry:

hehe, my dad does it all the time and we make jokes about it and my mom gets mad at us :angry: and he's really loud and stinky when he does it, so it's sorta hard to ignore... as for not doing it in public, whenever I do it in public, I can't help it!

as for not doing it in public, whenever I do it in public, I can't help it!

Do you have some kind of medical problem or something?

I think it's abhorrant that people do this kind of thing around others. It is bad manners and quite disgusting actually. I'm amazed some people may consider it funny, but I guess those people are easily amused.

As for this ridiculous excuse that "it's just a natural bodily function", well so is taking a **** but if I was sitting in a room with other people and suddenly stood up and pulled out my **** and urinated in the middle of the room, people find might that offensive.

as for not doing it in public, whenever I do it in public, I can't help it!

I think it's abhorrant that people do this kind of thing around others. It is bad manners and quite disgusting actually. I'm amazed some people may consider it funny, but I guess those people are easily amused.

As for this ridiculous excuse that "it's just a natural bodily function", well so is taking a **** but if I was sitting in a room with other people and suddenly stood up and pulled out my **** and urinated in the middle of the room, people find might that offensive.

311402[/snapback]

:angry:

Like I said, it all boils down to good manners. :look:

311402[/snapback]

I have no idea why, but that comment had me literally laughing out loud for at least 10 minutes..................during which time I farted.

Edited by Kor37

311402[/snapback]

I have no idea why, but that comment had me literally laughing out loud for at least 10 minutes..................during which time I farted.

311505[/snapback]

could you imagine goin to the doctor for that? "doctor, I fart too much!"

There Is Really A Topic On This? Its A Natural Body Funtion Everyone Does It.

Can Be Embarrasing Can Be Funny.

Im not sure if this is farting or Poopin (LOL) but when you enter a public restroom and you hear strange noises coming from the stall you gotta chuckle, Thats why I dont go to the Bathroom besides peeing besides my house, unless im sick

YAYY, FARTING!!! i am laughing, i love the fart thread, LOVE IT - i love farts, i think they are almost as funny as when someone swears really loudly at an inappropriate time - in fact, inappropriate farting is the FUNNIEST farting of all - then again, there ARE appropriate times to fart - like, sometimes, you can fart at the end of your sentence, for emphasis - it's like a verbalized exclamation mark - always impresses - mm hmm...

Edited by joeybear

The sad thing is that this is the most interesting thread I've read in here today....................

and this thread had a serious question in the begining about the different really in Humor between Men and Women,

**Beware The Taco Bell***

Im not sure if this is farting or Poopin (LOL) but when you enter a public restroom and you hear strange noises coming from the stall you gotta chuckle, Thats why I dont go to the Bathroom besides peeing besides my house, unless im sick

311571[/snapback]

Whoa, I did not need to know that... :P

I'm surprised it hasn't been closed down...yet :P

314025[/snapback]

The sad thing is that this is the most interesting thread I've read in here today....................

314063[/snapback]

Yeah, pretty strange thread.

i think men find farts funny because they're lettin'em out all the time, so they have to find it funny or else be embarrassed all the time...

i can't speak for women, however they might've been reared... :wow:

i can say that i love the diversity of postings, and, for me, farts will always have a warm spot somewhere in my body...

Actually, everyone passes gas on the average of 15 times a day.

Your gas smell has more to do with your ingestion of certain types of food, than what sex you are.

You can go to the children's section of any library or book store and find out this basic information.

"The Gas We Pass" is always a favorite.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/091...7664282-9487832