Sign in to follow this  
Matt

First Contact: The first draft.

I was just reading the first draft of 'First Contact' today, it's quite surprising how different it is. For example, the Phoenix flight was made by Picard and Geordi as opposed to Cochran, Riker and Geordi. A whole armada of Borg ships attack Earth as opposed to one and are destroyed by a new type of torpedo, the Admiral doesn't actually die and that's only a few of them. Turned out great in the end though. Anybody else read this?

Haven't read it but it sounds a whole lot better than what was actually filmed.

I don't have the link unfortunately, I downloaded it a long time ago. PM me if you want me to try and e-mail it to you.

I like the version they filmed.

I would have only taken out Cochrane's dancing scene and Deanna's drunken scene.

310153[/snapback]

I like the version they filmed, too. That "first draft" sounds lame.

I liked Deanna's drunk scene, but I agree with you on Cochran. He was just annoying and that music/jukebox crap was pretty stupid.

I also would have picked a different song than "Magic Carpet Ride." I love Steppenwolf, but I'm pretty tired of the whole 60's music thing everywhere.

I don't think that First Contact needs any bigger scope. It's a good personal drama and one of the best uses of trek history ever done. A huge borg armada would have just distracted and detracted from the story.

Wow! That's an interesting story. I'll read all of it then I got time! :borgqueen:

:angry:

dude! thanks for pointing that out matt, I used the script to get answers for trivia cause I didn't have the movie recorded and I hadn't seen it for awhile and it confused me a little

I read the script, I didn't like how they made the quantum torpedoes seem like ultrapowerful Borg killer weapon the transphasic torpedoes were from Endgame VGR. Plus how Hayes said they had destroyed 47 ships and only lost 15, it makes it seem like the Borg have gotten exponentially weaker... :angry:

Edited by MrPsychic

So far in reading it.. I kinda like the way the movie ended up

I know already there is one snippet of dialogue that I am glad that ended up not being in the final draft.

Click For Spoiler

And that is the whole Beverly having no clue as to why they were going to the Earth's surface on an away mission. :angry: So much for away mission briefings

Edited by Yillara_Soong

Can I have the script please?

my email is darkshadow@xfs-space.net lol

311660[/snapback]

The script is available above in a link.