Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Sirens in the big city

Hey,i was wondering earlier, are there lots of sirens in the big city? And if so, dont they get annoying after awhile? i mean, we get maybe 10-20 sirens a year(estimate), if we're unlucky. But, what about the big city, are the sirens non-stop? Please, someone tell me!!!

what sirens? As in cops car? well it once or twice a day where we are, and its just like oh well, who cares. Its normal

I live in a small city now, near a firestation. It's not really a big problem, at night, you don't really hear the firetrucks, or the police, or the fire siren on the station.

Sirens can be ocassioanally annoying, maybe notice one every other day or so at home. Worse is the airplane noise, since I have lived for decades near one or another of the flight paths to O'Hare Airport in Chicago. That noise is more frequent and annoying. I also notice sirens more at work since it's near a busy intersection of two main roads. Just once in a while but do notice them.

It's weird but afterwhile, you start becoming used to the sounds of the city, and you can't sleep unless you hear the noises.

i live in NYC

Yes there are alot of sirens. If you live in a "bad" area its worse..but hey thats life in the big city

I work next to a fire station so we hear sirens quite often. You get used to hearing them after a while, but I live out in the middle of nowhere, so I'm not as used to the noise as I used to be!

My house is on the same road as a hospital. So on the good side if something ever happened to me it would not take them long to get to my house. On the bad side ambulances do pass the house on a regular bases.