Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Deja-Vu, Dreams and Past Lives

When I was back in the UK, I got deja-vu quite a lot. I once went to Canterbury and seemed to know the place quite well. Having said that, I had never been there before in my life, so how could I have had such a familiarity of the place.  You know the saying " I've been here before ". Sometimes I think memories from ones ancestors are passed on.  :laugh: I have never had that feeling since being in New Zealand.

Do you believe in past lives?

I'm not sure :laugh: But the times I went to places that I had never been to before, and I knew everything about the place. I even recognized the streets but that was only in the old parts of town.

Premonition dreams, and waking dreams. I've had more than my fair share of them.  :laugh:

Why the sad face?

Because they aren't very pleasant. I have tried blocking them only with a little success. I am referring to what I call my waking dreams ( Images ). The last one I had was about the space shuttle Columbia. I saw a hole in the wing which grew, and grew. And that was before the disaster. :laugh: My hubby calls me Spooky.

Seems like it could be a wonderful gift but I understand if you say they are unpleasant. I only hope my recurring about an airplane crashing into a building does not ever happen as I saw it happen in the dream but hey, what would I be able to do about if it did :SHRUGS:

About 3 - 4 years ago I watched a Discovery Channel special about sleep, included some about dreaming.  It would be worth anyone's time renting and watching if you can find it.  It's not very poetic but I suspect if you don't remember your dreams you're not getting enough restful sleep.

This one:

Click For Spoiler
?

When I was back in the UK, I got deja-vu quite a lot. I once went to Canterbury and seemed to know the place quite well. Having said that, I had never been there before in my life, so how could I have had such a familiarity of the place.  You know the saying " I've been here before ". Sometimes I think memories from ones ancestors are passed on.  :laugh: I have never had that feeling since being in New Zealand.

Do you believe in past lives?

I'm not sure :dude: But the times I went to places that I had never been to before, and I knew everything about the place. I even recognized the streets but that was only in the old parts of town.

I have a terrible fear of fire :laugh:

http://www.geocities.com/localhistories/ca...canterbury.html

Premonition dreams, and waking dreams. I've had more than my fair share of them.  :laugh:

Why the sad face?

Because they aren't very pleasant. I have tried blocking them only with a little success. I am referring to what I call my waking dreams ( Images ). The last one I had was about the space shuttle Columbia. I saw a hole in the wing which grew, and grew. And that was before the disaster. :dude: My hubby calls me Spooky.

Seems like it could be a wonderful gift but I understand if you say they are unpleasant. I only hope my recurring about an airplane crashing into a building does not ever happen as I saw it happen in the dream but hey, what would I be able to do about if it did :SHRUGS:

A gift, I call it a curse. :laugh:

About 3 - 4 years ago I watched a Discovery Channel special about sleep, included some about dreaming.  It would be worth anyone's time renting and watching if you can find it.  It's not very poetic but I suspect if you don't remember your dreams you're not getting enough restful sleep.

This one:

Click For Spoiler
646356_sm.jpg
?

No, I don't think so. I think I saw part of this one displayed but I wasn't as impressed. The 3 parter I watched was primarily about sleep and had some segments about dreaming. It had a segment about sleepwalking (I know it aired before that guy stabbed his wife and claimed he was sleepwalking because there was segment about a similar incident in the program). I looked through the discovery store but couldn't find it.