Sign in to follow this  
Wishfire

Pluto

The first time around, I merely scanned the article. I thought it would be of interrest to some people here. This time, I actually read it. I was amazed by what I read. If these things are true, then I am astounded.

But personally, I think the Pluto is not an escaped satellite of Neptune, or merely a larger chunk out of the Kuiper Belt Objects. I think that Pluto is a rogue planet (or maybe a rogue moon) from another planetary system. It's too big to be a comet, it has a highler irregular orbit (compared to the orbits of all the other planets and asteroids). And, if this article is accurate, it has an atmosphere. So, to me, the facts point in one direction... rogue planet(oid).

I read the article, as well, and found it facinating. The planned trip to Pluto and the Kuiper Belt is also interesting. Sadly, we'll have to wait until 2015 before it arrives there, assuming that the mission is on schedule. LOL! :P Right now, I'm trying to get a look at Mercury, but the night skies have been cloudy. :P

It is entirely possible Pluto was ejected from another solar system and spent probably millions of years as a "Cold Body" (A planetoid-like body not located in any star system, just kinda "There") and was eventually trapped in the Sun's gravity well. and by the way, Pluto isn't ALWAYS the 9th planet. until recently, it's orbit was actually closer to the sun than Neptune.